This Isn't as Bad as I Thought it Would Be

A loud bell rings and I snap my eyes open.

"Look who's finally awake." Jungkook remarks, holding his phone in one hand and presenting me to no one with the other.

"Is it the end of the day?" I question, glancing at him. He nods happily.

"[Name], you're awake." The nurse says, walking in with her clipboard. "Go home and don't strain your left arm or wrist or anything. If you don't come to school tomorrow, I'll mark it as an excused absence, even without a note. Have fun you two!" She calls as Jungkook dashes out of the room.

I stop the door and bow. "Thank you, from both me and Jungkook." I bow again to make up for the latter.

She smiles and nods. "No need to thank me. I'm just doing my job." She says as I close the door. I walk to my locker, unlocking it with my right hand and opening it with that hand too. I'll be using my right hand only for a while. I pull out my bag and close the locker.

"Now where did that Jeon Jungkook go?" I say eyeing my surroundings. He's no where to be seen. I set down my bag and pull out my phone.

Slowly, with only one hand I text Jungkook.

Me: Oppa where are you?
Jungkook Oppa: By the exit door
Me: You didn't wait???
Jungkook Oppa: ....
Jungkook Oppa: Oops
Me: Whatever I'll be there gimme a sec
Jungkook Oppa: K

I put my phone back in my pocket, grab my bag, and start walking to the exit. "I can't believe he just left." I mumble to myself as I see him standing in the doorway with a goofy smile on. I glare at him and he looks away, fear burning in his eyes. As soon as I'm by him he bows.

"I'm sorry [Name]! Here, I'll take all of your stuff and carry it, I'm really sorry." He apologizes. I nod but don't say anything; instead I just wrap my arms around him. He looks surprised for a second, but then mirrors my actions, wrapping his arms tightly around my torso.

"Thank you Jungkook." I say pulling away. "You don't have to carry my stuff though." I pull my things out of his reach.

"Then why'd you say thank you?" He asks as we walk out of the school and into the open air.

"For saving me. I would have died if you hadn't come and beat their asses."

We both laugh, walking quickly to meet the others.

~~~~~

"So are you excited to see them again [Name]?" Jungkook asks as we near our destination.

"Yeah, but did you tell them about my wrist?" I question, looking in both directions as we cross a small road.

He stops in place (on the sidewalk) and looks at me with dead eyes. "They're going to kill me." He says, crouching down almost like he's squatting. "I'm going to die." He mumbles again as he reaches as low as he's getting, his knees jutting out and his butt nearly touching the ground.

"I won't let them, don't worry. Now get up we're already late." I say holding a hand out for him to grab.

Gingerly, he takes my hand and stands to full height. He's a bit taller than me, so he glances down to meet my gaze.

An awkward silence fills the air as he just looks at me and I look back, feeling my face growing very hot and my eyes because more opened, pupils dilating. "W- Why are you s- staring at me l- like that?" I asked flustered. I glance away to my other side, trying to dial down my red face.

"I- I just-" He stutters as we arrive at the small park where we're meeting the boys.

I hear a loud shout for the both of us and see Jungkook give out a sigh of relief. I was about to scold Jungkook for not responding but, there, running across the field are the boys. I see Namjoon first, leading the group. I wave to them and smile brightly, and Jungkook does the same.