Sober Up

"Yoongi?" I ask again. He's not answering me, he's just looking at me. What's up with him, I've never seen him like this.

"[Name]-ah..." His voice trails off longingly. He sounds as if his mind were in a different world completely.

"Yes, Oppa?" I know I'm not supposed to call him that since he doesn't like it, but I'd rather him act normal and pissed than this because at least I know what's going on.

He grabs my hand, bringing it over our heads as he brings his face mere inches from mine. "I thought I said don't call me that." He glares at me, finally a sense of normality back into him.

"I- I'm sorry Yoongi." I apologize, still wanting to be respectful. I feel his presence getting closer to me ever so slightly, making my cheeks heat up.

"Cute." He says, pulling back from me. That was the most aggressive tone I've ever heard someone say cute before, and the sudden loss of skin-to-skin contact startles me. "I need a favor from you." A whiff of alcohol emitting from his words.

"Yoongi... Are you drunk?" I stumble out the question. If he's drunk why would he just ask me to meet him from wherever he was instead of driving here.

"So what if I am? I'm old enough to drink." He shrugs off my question, trying to push towards whatever favor he wants but I press forward.

"Why would you drive drunk? That really irresponsible! What the hell you could've died!" I snap. He may be old enough to drink, but no one should drive after drinking. Just the thought of him in the car alone driving over here barely knowing what's going on from his drinking terrifies me.

"I had a good reason." He says, his tones going all over the place, from angry and serious to innocent and scared. I nod, wanting him to share his reason. "I needed you." His voice was quiet as if he suddenly sobered up in that second. It sends a chill down my spine and I feel my heartbeat quicken.

"You..." I don't even know how to respond to him. I've been kissed by force, I've been kissed willing but still kind of by force, just earlier today I kissed his housemate on the cheek, and now this.

"You. I need you. It took me long enough to figure it out. It took me a half hour crying session and some amount of drinks that I stopped counting after 4 to figure it out. Please, I know it's dumb. I know I'm an asshole, I know that Seokjin Hyung is just as if not more attractive than me, but please." He practically pleading, but I don't know what he wants me to say. Maybe to acknowledge his feelings, reciprocate them? I would be lying if I said I had absolutely no interest in Yoongi. He was the first person I talked to, he seemed cold but I could tell he was kind and that he acted tough to keep up some sort of appearance, but still.

Thinking time was cut short as he wraps his arms around me. I expected him to act like Hoseok and press his lips against mine so I brace myself for that shock. Instead, he puts his head on my shoulder and lets out quiet cries. I wrap my arms around him, pulling him close. Drunk Yoongi is nothing like sober badass Yoongi. "Yoongi..." I trail off, my meek voice mixing into his cries like coffee and cream. I feel the sleeve of my shirt dampen with his tears and try to embrace him tighter. "Is there anything I can do? Please." I feel so useless, just watching him cry. He's obviously hurting, I'm glad I'm here for him, but I want to do something too instead of just sitting here and watching him cry.

He picks his head up slowly, his nose is pink and his eyes have faint circles under them, puffed out and red. I try to wipe his tears from his cheeks which seem impossible since more continue to fall. A thought passes my mind but I try to push it away, knowing it may only make the situation worse. I pull him back into a hug, feeling his hands shake on my back. "Please," I whisper into his ear. "I'm here, I won't let you get hurt anymore." I comfort him as if I was Taehyung at the movie theater, wishing I had more of a sense of words like he seemed to have. He chokes a sob down and whispers barely audible words into my ear.