I said I'd Keep You Safe, Right?

A/N Guys I'm back (again)!! You guys really love this story oml to bad I love you more <3 lmao I'm cheesy I'll just let you read... ,_,

(I hope no one is a Mingyu stan, or was attached to his character. If you are/were.... I'm sorry <3)

Mother grabs me by the right wrist, yanking my cast slightly. The friction of the padding inside of the cast stings as it rubs my skin. "Mother, that hurts!" I exclaim as she continues pulling me, attempting to lure me from the apartment room.

She stops suddenly, looks down at my cast, back at me, repeating the exchange multiple times. "[Name], how long have you had this cast?" She asks.

"Since you came, Mother." I passive-aggressively take my wrist from her grasp, frustrated that she hadn't noticed this before since she's been here for about half a week.

"And you didn't choose to say anything about it?" She snarls at me as if it's my fault. "Actually, no. We need to go. We're meeting with the Kims again." She continues walking, tension filling the air quickly, replacing all noise with silence except for the click of my mother's heels on the tiled hallway.

I roll my eyes and feels my nerves tense up. "Mother..." I say, attempting to grab her attention. She turns to me, an angry look glazing her eyes.

"Yes?" She says eagerly, trying to push me to speak as if the end is near.

"The Kim's... Mingyu-ah... Is this an arranged marriage?" I ask timidly.

Mother stops her tugging and looks at me in shock as if I've broken a fragile vase that came

crashing to a hard tiled floor. "[Name]..." The most sympathetic and kind tone I've ever heard her use, my name sounds soft and sweet on her lips, like fluffed pastel cotton candy on a vibrant fall day. Suddenly, that picture-perfect tone breaks and shatter to the floor like the vase I broke which feels like so long ago when only about 1 minute has passed. "What's happening with the Kim's, that is none of your concern. Anyways, Mingyu is the closest you'll ever get to a relationship, be grateful your father and I are doing this."

So it is... I'm arranged to marry Kim Mingyu. My mind is spinning. I don't want to have a romantic relationship with him. He's really nice, sweet bouncing baby boy but his world is far from mine. I can never see any sort of romance, let alone some sort of future, with him. We click as friends, not even very close friends, casual friends at the most, and I know just as well as he knows that we will never see each other like that.

My mind continues its journey through this thought process as my mother and I drive silently to meet the Kim's, not even a radio station to break the silence. And to think they did this all without my permission, without even telling me. What if I was interested in someone I actually know, like- umm... Gosh, I, I don't know many... umm... What if I wanted a future with Jungkook!

Jungkook, he acts so young, I'm honestly beginning to doubt that he's older than me. Maybe he lied because he wanted to be my Oppa... Wait, DID HE??!?!?

I pull my phone out and text the one person I can trust, Seokjin. He'll definitely tell the truth.

Me: Oppa~~~ Hello ^^

Seokjin Oppa: [Name]-ah! Hello, what's up?

Me: Oppa, I was wondering, is Jungkookie Oppa older than this: [Birth Date]

Seokjin Oppa: Nope, he's nearly half a year younger than that, is that your birthday?

Me: ...

Seokjin Oppa: [Name]-ah??

Me: THAT KID TOLD ME HE WAS OLDER THAN ME WHAT THE HELL DID HE JUST WANNA BE AN OPPA THAT BAD HOW THIRSTY IS HE?!?!?!?!

Seokjin Oppa: [Name]-ahhhh, shhh it'll be ok. Calm down. He's young and doesn't know what he's doing. He's always the youngest, he probably just wanted a taste of an older life, or maybe he genuinely thought you were younger, he probably has his reasons.