Chapter 8

I was asleep in the nursery alone, I was sad and hated Redclaw not being here, he was the only one who didn't look at me with fear in his eyes. I padded out of the nursery to find it the middle of the night and no one was there, than I saw a cat with stars in its pelt I recognised from somewhere.
"Hello Featherkit, I am Maplefeather your mother," she said her voice distant.
"Why are you not with me and Redclaw?" I asked, she looked at me her expression saddened.
"I died while kitting you, I would be there if I had not lost so much blood," Maplefeather said, I looked at her confused.
"But Redclaw said you just went away and wouldn't come back he never said you joined starclan," I said.
"He did it as to not upset you now the prophecy and your vision have everything to do with each other, they are connected, even your wings have to do with it, now I can only help you understand but I can not tell you what it means," Maplefeather said, I nodded and she continued.
"Your ability to fly will make others fear you, some may try to kill you and the ones you love but I am sure you will save them and the clan no matter the cost, the prophecy leads to the vision but I can not tell you what it means that you must figure out yourself," Maplefeather said.
"I will try ever so hard Maplefeather," I said, I woke in the nursery and went outside. I was six moons old now so I was going to become an apprentice any day now, I went to the fresh kill pile and grabbed a mouse. I lay down outside the nursery and ate it when other cats started to stir, I finished my mouse when Redclaw came up to me.
"So how is my cheeky kit doing?" Redclaw asked amusement in his voice.
"All cats old enough to catch their own prey gather around to hear my words," Thornstar called out, every cat came out of their dens.
"We have a new apprentice with us today, Featherkit from this moment on until you have earned your warrior name you will be known as Featherpaw and your mentor shall be Yellow......" Thornstar said but I inturupted.
"I wish to be a medicine cat apprentice, I have thought about the consequences and accept them," I said, the whole clan looked confused but I didn't care.
"Very well if Watervole accepts you than it shall be so," Thornstar said.
"I accept her as my apprentice plus there will be no kits in moons and I am growing old," Watervole said, I looked at her happily.
"Very well, Watervole shall teach you the ways of our ancestors," Thornstar said, I was happy to finally get what i wanted. I want to help others no matter the costs, I was padding next to Watervole, we got to the medicine cats den.
"There is a gathering of medicine cats tonight, you shall get some rest before we go or you will be far too tired to make the journey, now before you get some rest you must learn your herbs," Watervole said, I nodded in happiness to finally be able to help my clan. My wings ached so I went back outside and spread them, soon i would teach myself to fly.

Guys I am going to put random cures for random plants so no spamming the comments saying I got something wrong.

"This is watermint, we use it for infections," Watervole said pulling out a strange plant, I nodded and she moved onto the next one.
"This is honey it is used for sore throats, this is a cobweb we use them for stopping bleeding, this is marry gold we use it for infections also, this is nettle seeds we use them incase of poison, these are death Barry's never use them on another cat and when you do use them don't lick your paws wash your paws or they will kill you," Watervole said pointing to each herb in turn, we worked on herbs all day and when night came we had to go.