Chapter 14

Featherfalls pov.
I woke in the nursery glad to be back at camp with my kit Shatterdkit, something about today was off. I got up and went outside where I saw everyone sleeping and no one awake, I walked out into the forest when I heard something go snap.
"It's your fault she is back I thought you said she was dead!" A she-cat hissed from inside a clearing away from camp.
"B-but she went into the tunnels when they collapsed I thought she died!" A Tom spat, I walked out of the bush and they started to hiss.
"Why is it you want me dead?" I asked getting my wings ready to fly.
"So that way I won't be replaced as deputy!" Thisledown spat.
"Who said I was going to replace you and you may want to run or your bodies will be floating in the lake!" I spat, they were confused before I grabbed Thistledown by the scruff and Branchfang around his stomach so I could carry them both, I flew over the lake. I got to the middle of the lake when I dropped them both, I watched with a smile on my face as they drowned. I flew into camp and fell asleep, I woke in the dark forest.
"Welcome Featherfall I am going to teach you how to be one of us and to be ready for the battle we hold against the clans," Mapleshade said, I looked at her slightly confused when I realised what she meant. If I worked with them until the battle I could tell the clans and help them when the time was right, but than again they did nothing but lie to me.
"I accept," I said.
"Come this way," Mapleshade said, she had a big smile on her face. I followed her into a group of cats with shadows in their pelts, some seemed faded while others had none at all. A strange cat sat next to me while Mapleshade addressed the cats, she was confident while the cat next to me have me a sad look.
"You shouldn't be here," he said his voice shaky, he looked back to Mapleshade as she started talking.
"We have new new member with us today, Featherfall is now with us, her ability of flight shall give us the upper advantage as she can attack the clans out of the sky, Hawkclaw you shall train her the ways we live," Mapleshade said looking to the Tom next to me, he nodded and looked at me his gaze not soft anymore but confident. The cats broke apart and Mapleshade came up to us, she gave Hawkclaw a glance and he winced.
"This is your last chance Hawkclaw, you ruin my plans again and you shall never see your kits again," Mapleshade spat, Hawkclaw winced and Mapleshade flicked her tail and we went to a small clearing.
"What was that about?" I asked.
"Mapleshade has power over me since she can kill my kits by either giving them a sickness or just killing them in general," Hawkclaw said his gaze soft as he let his claws slide out, this got me confused.
"Don't we train with claws sheathed?" I asked.
"Not here, here we train as if we are in a battle so let your claws loose and attack me use your signature move," he said, I flew into the air, I looked at him noticing what way he was going to sidestep if I swooped, I swooped but as he sidestepped I swerved and grabbed his scruff than flying into the air again.
"Is that good?" I asked my voice muffled by his scruff, I put him down and his gaze was praising.
"That was perfect, you noticed what way I was going to sidestep and of course it is very hard to step the other way without you noticing," Hawkclaw said, we trained until I was tired, scratched and bruised.
"Is that all for today?" I asked, he nodded and I woke. The scratches and bruises showed through my pelt and I realised that the Dark Forest was very close to real life, I hissed in pain as a thorn got stuck in one of my scratches. I got up and went out of my den to find most the camp was gone, suddenly I realised the clan still hadn't returned from the gathering so I went back to sleep.