Chapter One: We Can Live As We Choose

There was a knock on the door. It got louder and louder, and harder and harder. I figured no one else was gonna get it, so I rushed to the door, to find George rush in.

"Listen, listen. You know this guy from the class over us, Paul, right?".

"Yes, what's with him?".

"You remember he invited me to his band?!" He practically shouted at this point.

"Yes" I replied, a little more calmly.

"They said yes!!" He shouted, in the midst of nearly tipping me over, in an attempt at a hug. I tried to hug back, but it was hard when he was so excited. And don't get me wrong, I was excited too, but he was really really, wild, sorta.

Let me just give a look at what's going on. George is my best friend, and,, oh wait, let me introduce myself. I'm Laura Julia Jones, but goes by just Laura, or Laurie, sometimes Larry, by one of my many big brothers, Nicolas, or Nico, as he prefer. I'm 14 years old, as well as George. I'm born in Manchester, but moved to Wavertree in Liverpool when I was 4. I'm on a musical team in my spare time. It's like, the only thing I wanna do. I'm also playing a tiny bit in a band, where I'm singing and playing guitar, occasionly piano. I have three good friends, Jimmy, Camilla and of course George. We've been together since we were 10. I've always felt a little out of place, and like I didn't really belong here, only those three people liked me really. And my my family, or adopted parents, as they are, I've realised. That's one of the reasons I'm quite down right now. I just got told that I'm adopted. I know that I was at a children's home for two when I was little, and that took hard on us, especially my eldest brother, Peter. But I didn't know that I was adopted, I just thought they were going through a rough point.

And suddenly Camilla started to seem distant. I don't know what has happened with her. And Peter got attacked in the streets. I know it's not exactly expected to be gay, but seriously, attack someone, because they think just a tiny bit different than you! It's just insane, sick and everything beyond. So he had to run away to Denmark because of that. There, he lives in peace, and I'm just grateful for that, but I still can't believe what a sick world we're living in sometimes.

~The next day at school~

"You gotta meet Paul today. He goes here too you know. I think you'll love him". George said to me during lunch break. I just hmpf'd. He was probably another one of those people with their beautiful head stuck up their beautiful arse. I couldn't stand those sort of people.

George's POV

I know Laura would think that Paul was just another one of those people who could get anything they wanted, because they were quite handsome. Well, he isn't like that.

Yes, I must admit he's quite handsome, but he's not stupid. He hates that every girl wants to be with him. I think he'll actually like Laura, and vice versa.

"Who's Paul?" Camilla asked, forgot to tell Jimmy and her about Paul.

"Paul McCartney", before I said more, they both nodded in understanding, and Laura just hmpf'd again.

"He isn't that bad, come on!". I said while dragging her to his lunch table.