Chapter Fourteen: No Words

Laurie's POV

"Are you finished now?!" Jon asked

"Nearly" I answered, laughing like a maniac.

"I swear, you're the weirdest, most hyper person in the world" he replied, chuckling slightly at my silliness.

Oh, I'll tell you, so much has happened in two years. Part from two things. 1: I'm still playing the role of Maria in West Side Story. 2: I still haven't seen, barely even been thinking about Paul.

So, on to the things that has changed. The show's got quite a bit bigger, and I'm now what people call a "public figure". Yeah, fancy, I know. And so is The Beatles, as they're know known as. Lucky for me, I haven't seen anything of Paul. Unlucky for me, George or John neither.

But you can't not hear anything about them. And I'm secretly a fan.

"And you know what? I'm proud of it" I told Jon, still laughing my butt off.

"Okay everyone. Ready again?" Our producer asked us, coming in to the room, but as soon as he looked up from the script, he started laughing, at the mess we made with the water.

We just laughed at him. Me laughing loudest, still on my laughing bout. The reason for our laughter was our "laughter time", which Jon and I have every day when we rehearse. And the reason for that, is that we're both so unserious people, so we have to have a time of the day where we just mess around. And that day, we ended up in a huge water fight. Yeah, good times.

"Listen, everyone. Gather up" the producer said, which caught the attention of everyone.

"We've been offered a gathering. And it's not just any gathering. It's the Royal Variety Show" gasps were heard because of that.

"Yes, I know. It's big this. And that means, we have to work extra hard. So focus, all of you"

A lot of murmurs were heard. My reaction being silence, mouth dropped open, and eyes going wide.

"When?!" Someone asked rather loudly, I being in too much of a shock state to realise who said it.

"Tomorrow night. So it's extremely hard work today and tomorrow. And by the way, everyone's attending an after-party afterwards". Great.

"Okay so. We'll take 'Somewhere'. Everyone, get to places".

And so, that day, and the day after was spend on nerves, and hard work.

Until the moment came. That was just nerves.

I was behind the curtains, trying to see if it was possible to shake the nerves off, it isn't, I'll tell you.

"Relax, Laurie" I suddenly heard behind me, while feeling a pair of hands on my waist.

"No" was my reply, trying to act cool, even though Jon scared the living hell out of me.

"It'll work out. We aren't that bad, we can do it"

"That isn't my worry. It's the Queen you know. And my ex-boyfriend, plus previous friends, who's now famous all over the world"

I guess that closed his mouth, 'cause he didn't reply, only hugged me tight, in an attempt of reassuring me.

"You're on in one minute" I heard a voice behind me. I turned to look, but the figure disappeared before I could take a look.

"Oh shit"

"Shh, calm down"

"Hmmph"

Okay, it went fine, I guess. Most of my nerves disappeared when I got warmed up. And then I just enjoyed the stage.

Then, I went on to a rather uncomfortable after-party. All of the artists ate dinner together. Which was nice, 'cause I was hungry, to think about it, I'm always hungry.

The thing was just, they placed me opposit of Paul, so I could look him in the eyes the whole time. Which I, of course, tried to avoid. I was also placed next to George, who was next to Ringo, their new drummer. And beside Paul was John. On the other side of me was Jon, that eased me a bit. Jon and I started chatting straight away, as he knew my background loosely. But he wasn't hiding that he was just a little bit excited about sitting next to The Beatles.

But at one point, Jon and I ran out of subjects. And that made it extra awkward. Also counting the looks Paul kept giving me. Then, George started asking me questions.

"You were really good ya know. And I missed ya. Where have you actually been?"

"Rehearsing, obviously. Doing shows"

"I could guess that. But why did we have to lose contact because of that"

"I think you're forgetting that I'm not the only one who's been busy" I don't know if I'm too harsh with him.

"Well, that's true, but I've really missed ya"

"I've missed ya too"

"Can we please get in contact again?"

"Sure. But we'll have to remember to ring each other sometimes then"

"Course" Was all he said.

I couldn't help but look over at Paul while Geo and I were chatting. Was that jealousy, in his eyes? My god, if it were! We both looked away quickly, both realising we looked at each other, and both blushing furiously. That went on the whole night. But we didn't speak to each other. Probably both too caught up in the past to even try and catch up.

Paul's POV

There she is! I'm seeing her again. My girl. And yes, I still refer to her as "my girl". In my mind, she still is. Just she don't know it.

And if she's going to know it, I have to get her back. Now's probably the only chance I'll ever get. But I can't even speak to her! I'm too......, scared? Is that the word? Uncomfortable? No, definitely not that. Just..... What's the word? Embarrassed? I guess. And afraid that she'll remember what happened last time, we tried to be together.

We shared quick glances throughout the dinner. The annoying was, George also did, AND conversation. I know that they were best friends in our childhood, but come on. I was her boyfriend for three years. Three years! I think I deserve more than glances from her.

In the midst of my thoughts I saw Laurie and the guy next to her, that's not George, whisper to each other, and stand up.

I can't help but speak up;

"Where are you going?" She seems surprised of my actions, well, I would be too.

"Uhh. We're just going to the rest of the cast" she answers my question. Oh god, it's good to hear her speak to me again.

"Oh, okay" I stutter out, my head and mouth not coordinated enough to say anything else.

When she stands up, I can't help but widen my eyes at her beauty. Her long blonde hair hanging perfectly 'round her face, and her big blue eyes concentrating on where to place her long legs, while trying to remove the chair, to get out. She is stunning!