Chapter Nine: Cry for a Shadow

Laurie's POV

Three years passed since the Eve incident. I forgave him after a while, sort of. In my mind I haven't quite forgiven him yet. He obviously tried to make it better, and I played along with it, silently forgetting everything, and falling in love with him all over again.

One day, we were out, walking on the hills. We held hands. The sun was getting down. The sky was orange and pink, it was all beautiful. Paul sacked a little behind. I wondered why, but didn't question him. Then he came up from behind, and gave me the biggest shock in the world. I screamed in slight panic, although I knew he just wanted to play a prank on me.

"Oh you little bugger, I'm gonna get ya!". He laughed at that, and ran away from me. I chased him, while laughing out loud. I chased him for about a minute, until I catched up with him, and attacked him from behind, while laughing in his ear.

"I got ya"

"I'm scared", he joked and laughed, and turned around to look me. Our laughter seemed to quiet down, when we stared into each others eyes. He turned around, and kissed me gently and lovingly on the lips.

"I love you. You do know that right?", he asked after we broke apart.

"Of course I know. I love you too" and we kissed again.

And we nearly always had moments like that. Of course there was times when we got annoyed at each other. But mostly we enjoyed each others company.

Paul's POV

Nearly three years has passed since Laurie and I met. John just told me that we are going to Hamburg in a week. I want Laurie with me, but I know that can't happen, but I'm gonna miss her so much. I'm dreading the moment I'm gonna tell her about it.

Not that much has actually happened since we met. Part from that we grew up, and grew more in love every single day. Laurie, George, Jimmy and Camilla are still best friends. I know that John's become like a brother figure for Laurie.

I've actually just gotten my own flat, which I'm still very happy for, then Laurie and I can relax together without anybody else. Speaking of the band, quite a bit of things happened. Members got out, new members in. Now we are, me, John Lennon, George Harrison, Stuart Sutcliffe and Pete Best. We've been on a tiny tour in Scotland, with a man called Johnny Gentle, nice man, and we've played a few gigs here, there and everywhere. But now its time for a proper change, another country even.

"Hello my love, how are we this fine day?" I called Laurie on the phone. Nervously biting my lip.

"Fine, thank you. How about you, fine sir?" She replied, chuckling.

"As every other day. Would you like to come over? I've got something I need to tell ya" I said, dropping my posh accent, silently praying she said no, it's really nervy this.

"What is it? Is it something bad?"

"I have to tell you under four eyes, love"

"Well, okay then. I'm coming as fast as possible".

And that was fast. She was there within five minutes.

"What's wrong?" She said as soon as I opened the door for her.

"Hi to you too. Come in"

"Hi" she chuckled, coming in.

She followed me to the couch, and we sat down. I took her hands and looked her in the eye. This is it.

"Okay, um, the thing is, we've got a job in Hamburg. They apparently wanted some British bands over there, and our manager, Allan, you know Allan, has sent us, so we're going over there" I finished my rant.

She was silent for a while, uh oh.

"Um, okay. Well that's good for you, going out of the country" she said, trying to sound cheerful, and forgetting that I could read her like a book.

I reached over and hugged her, and she let it flow. She started sobbing in my shoulder. I tried to coo her, but it didn't help much. I started sobbing slightly too, I'm just going to miss her so much.

"It's alright darling. I'm going to miss you. I'm going to write and ring you every day okay?" I told her, while drawing back, and looking her in the eye again.

"Do you promise?"

"Of course my love"

A/N: I'm trying to write in sorta diary time. But it's kinda hard to do, so don't think that much about that sort of thing;)