Chapter Two: I've Just Seen a Face

Laura's POV

Paul looked up from his food. He was actually quite cute, with that puppy dog face, but I wasn't going to tell George that.

"Oh, hey George. Who's this?" He said, with his charming voice, no, I wasn't going to fall for his charm that easily. 'He's just an idiot, I still don't like him', I thought.

"This is me best friend, Laura", George responded, with his ever-so Liverpudlian accent.

"Hi Laura, I'm Paul", the man in front of me said, with his hand outstretched.

"Hi", I said, short and emotionless, while shaking his hand.

"Sit down". And we did

The boys chatted about things I don't even want to know, while I just kept wondering why George wanted to introduce Me to Him. Couldn't he introduce Camilla to him? She would've probably thought better about it. In that moment I saw Maggie, she's a good friend from musical.

"Excuse me", I said as fast as I could.

"Where are you going?!", I could hear George yelling to me while I ran as fast as I could, to get to Maggie.

"Hi Mags!", I said while hugging her. She hugged me back and said hi.

"What are you doing here?", she said in her sweet, sing-song voice

"Anything to get away from mister Paul McCharmley there".

"Still don't like the guy?". She asked. Nope was my respond.

George's POV

Laura for Christ sake! She just ran off! In the middle of a conversation. Paul and I's conversation, but still.

"What's wrong with her?", Paul asked bewildered.

"Don't know, but I bet it's got something to do with you, no offence of course".

"What? Why?".

"Don't ask".

Right in that moment, Laura came back. Luckily, I thought she just ran off to get away from Paul.

"Where did you go?" I ask as she sits back down again.

"Just had to ask Maggie something".

"Maggie Nilson?" Paul jams into the conversation.

"Yes, where do you know her from?" Laurie asks.

"She goes in my English class. Where do you know her from?".

"My musical team".

"You're on a musical team?".

"Yep". And so they started to fall into a very comfortable talk.

'Thanks Maggie, you're my hero of the day'.

Laura's POV

Paul is actually quite nice. He's not as I thought. But I'm still not falling for him. And why would he even be interested in me? Foolish ol' me? I'm not falling am I? I don't think so, or hope so. I've only known him for 20 minutes.

Before I knew it, the bell rang, and lunch break was over. I was on my way to my class room, with Paul beside me. It felt weird, having him walking next to me, when just half an hour ago, I despised him.

"See you after school?", he asked.

"Um, sure", I said, and before I could change my mind, I was in my class room, and he had walked on to his, saying bye to me.

What had actually just happened?

A/N: I'm trying to get Chapter 3 up, but it won't let me. Sorry