Chapter Four: Words of Love

Laura's POV

We got back to school after lunch. It was so nice, and he was just so lovely.

We agreed to meet after school alone. I couldn't concentrate because of that. And I couldn't stop thinking about Paul and his beautiful hazel eyes... Gosh, I think I'm falling for him! But he was just so sweet, and handsome, and..

"Laura, wake up! Mrs. Phelps is getting rather strict" Jimmy said with a nudge on my elbow.

"Wha'"

"Miss Jones, please concentrate. Or do you want to share your daydream?"

"No Mrs. Phelps, I'm awake. I'm concentrated"

"I hope your not lying".

And that's why I like Mrs. Phelps. She's not that strict. She didn't test you like other teachers would. Jimmy hated her, but that was because he wasn't nice enough to her. You had to keep good friends with her.

And suddenly, the final school bell rang. I was off for school for the day. Now, Paul was my next plan.

Paul's POV

I waited for her outside the school.

And there she was! As beautiful as always.

"Hello Paul" she said with her ever-so cheerful voice.

"Hello love. Ready to go to my place?"

"Sure. I would love to see your room" she said, as we haven't yet been in my house, or hers for that matter.

"Is your dad home?"

"No, he's at work, so we're home alone", I said, and she replied with nice.

I've been looking forward to this moment all day. But I'm also kind of frightened. I'm planning to tell her what I feel about her today. It might be stupid, and that's why I'm frightened. But it just seemed right. The way we looked into each others eyes, there was just something. And now I want to know if she felt it too.

We reached my house and I locked us in.

We talked for about an hour about uninteresting things, until the big confession came.

"Laurie, there's something I want to tell you"

"Okay, shoot"

"Well, it's just, since that moment at the cafe, I've just been thinking of something"

"And what's that?"

"It's just, I kinda maybe have a little crush on you", I fought to get the words right, "and I just wanted to know if you feel the same, 'cause I know that there was a time, when you didn't really particularly cared for me at all, but we've just been so much together for the past few days, and I just really care for you, and sorry I'm rambling". She just laughed at me. Her beautiful laugh.

"I feel the same Paul. Don't you worry". My eyes got the size of saucers. I just thought I had blown my chance.

"You do?!" I asked amazed.

"Yeah, I do. With all the time we've spent together, as you said, I've kinda developed a crush on you too" she said while blushing, which I thought was just the cutest thing.

I went over to sit next to her, and she laid her head on my shoulder, while I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. And we sat like that for a moment. Probably the most perfect moment in my entire life, until the next thing happened. She looked up at me, smiled, and I couldn't hold back anymore. I leaned in to kiss her slowly, and she didn't pull away, she couldn't, as I still had my arm around her, but I don't think she minded.

And then it happened. My lips touched her soft ones, and it was the most amazing feeling ever. It was like it was only her and I in that moment. The world just disappeared.