Chapter Ten: Man We Was Lonely

Lauries POV

The days upon his departure went far too fast, if you ask me. We tried to spent the most of our time with each other as possible. We went out for dinner, went to the pictures, took a walk in the park, went to the beach, and slept at one another's houses every night, in each others arms.

Even though we spent nearly every minute together, it still went far too fast, and suddenly, he was storming around the flat, checking he didn't miss anything, and I looked with sad eyes.

"Right, all set, I have everything, I'm finished" he said standing still, and looking me in the eye.

"Alright" I said with sadness flowing in my voice.

"Oh, my love" he said as he noticed that sadness, and pulled me in a tight hug. I, again, started to sob in his shoulder, and he rubbed my back to soothe me.

"I'm going to miss you so much. Take care, okay?" I said, still softly sobbing, and pulling back to look at him.

"I'll miss you too darling. And you take care as well right?"

"Right"

"Good" and we kissed a heartfelt kiss.

"I'll se ya whenever" he said after the wonderful kiss.

"Yes, and no strippers or anything" I said with a playful tone, but certaintly still serious. I meant it!

"Of course love, never ever" he replied with a little laugh, yet said it like he meant it, he better mean it!

"Good"

And we kissed again, but was interrupted by the honking of a car horn.

"That's Allan in his van. See ya, and remember, I love you"

"I love you too" and he got me a final goodbye kiss.

"Bye my love" he said as he opened the door to walk out.

"Bye!" I said, smiling, but sadness coaxing my voice and face.

And he was gone. I already missed him, and I was already lonely.

I instantly called Oliver, one of my long lost band mates. Maybe making music would do me some good.

"Hello?" I heard on the other line.

"Olly? Hi, it's Laurie"

"Oh Larry, it's been too long. It's like you've disappeared from the face off the earth for a long while. Where've you been?" I softly laughed at his words, he never ceased to cheer me up.

"Oh I've been busy, but I haven't disappeared. Well why don't you and Richard come over? I kinda need some company right about now" I spoke to the bands guitarist about our other guitarist.

"Sure. But why? Something wrong?"

"I just felt a sudden urge to play music" I purposely left out the bit about Paul leaving.

"Well okay then. I'll call him"

"Thanks"

And they came quite fast, both Oliver and Richard.

"We'll then, what's wrong?" Were there first words when they saw me. I don't know why, but people apparently have a thing about not saying hi or anything, just asking a question immediately. I led them to the living room while talking:

"You've met my boyfriend, Paul, right?"

"Yes" they said in unison.

"Well, you remember that he was in this band right?"

"Yes"

"They've got a job in Hamburg, so he left just before I called you up"

"Ahh" Richard said

"Well, shall we play some music then?" Olly said.

"That's why I called you"

And we pulled out our guitars and started tuning them.

I couldn't pull Paul or The Silver Beatles, as they're called, out of my mind.

I, weirdly enough, thought about how Paul described his first meeting with John, and how he played Twenty Flight Rock by Eddie Cochran. So I started playing just that.

"And I walk one, two flight, three flight four,

Five six seven flight, eight flight more.

Up on the twelfth I'm starting to sag,

Fifteenth floor I'm ready to drag.

I get to the top and I'm too tired to rock"

They started joining nearly instantly.

We also played a lot of other 50's classics, by people like Eddie, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Bill Haley, amongst others. It was nice to get my mind off of Paul and the tad loneliness I always feel when he's away.