Chapter Seventeen: I Need You

Laurie's POV

It was just another normal work day. I stood on the big scene, ready to sing my part. I knew the words by heart, and could just sing it without thinking. Which was good, 'cause my head is everywhere. Thoughts of Paul, George and John swirled my mind. It wasn't helping that I could see them in the audience, basically all the time. What are they doing here?

We came to a little break for Jon and I, so we went backstage, as usual. We were just chatting, and relaxing with the rest of the cast. Me very involved in a very important conversation with Caroline, about the stage makeup being too much. Yes, important stuff.

I was so caught up in the interesting topic, that I didn't hear the door opening. It was only when the only thing I could hear was my own voice, that I noticed something. Paul was also in the room. For a while we just stood there, and stared. Completely captured in the moment. Like some bad romance movie.

People slowly started to leave us alone, as we still stood there. So many thoughts were going 'round my head, and so many feelings were coming back. It was pretty awful, actually.

"Laurie..." He started. It seemed like the words were caught in his throat, cause he didn't say anything afterwards. But what do I know?

"I need ya back." He said, short and straight to business.

"You can't just come back after three years, and expect forgiveness! I trusted you when you said you loved me, and nothing would happen, and we would still be together when you came back. But look what happened! You broke up with me! By a letter!" I finished my rant, tears visible in my eyes.

He looked shocked. He had wide, tear-stained eyes as well.

But he quickly got over it. Right as I was about to leave, he ran over to me, held my arms tight with his hands, and said;

"You wouldn't cry this much if it didn't hurt."

"It does hurt. I admit that!"

"Then it obviously means something to you." He was right. It meant everything to me. And for a second I wanted to hug and kiss him, and tell him to never leave again. But for some reason, I couldn't do that. So I did the only thing possible - in my mind - wriggle free of his grasp, and disappear to my dressing room. As quick as I could. I could hear him shouting my name, but I didn't stop. Some people stared at me, I didn't care. I was beyond hurt.

How can he just expect forgiveness? After I don't how many years, he sees me one night, and suddenly, he changes his mind. I don't understand him, I don't understand men. I'm just going to be alone for the rest of my life.

I locked the door to my dressing room, and I could hear him nearly knocking the door down, and shouting things he might have thought would help his situation. Well, I've got news for you man, I'm not going to budge.

Suddenly, he stopped. Only to have the producers yell at me; "5 minutes!"

Shit! Okay, thanks Paul, for ruining the performance aswell as my heart.

I got ready, quick as lightening. I unlocked the door, not even thinking about Paul anymore. But of course, as soon as I opened the door, his face was all I could see.

"Get away Paul, I have a show to do." I said, sounding as annoyed as possible. It worked pretty well.

"This isn't over Laurie, I'm not letting you go!"

I ignored him.

-----

He kept his promise. He wasn't gone yet. When I came out after the performance, he was still there.

"Why are you still here?" I sassed him. Playing his own games with him.

"Told ya I wouldn't let you go that easy." He sassed back. Oh god.

"Would you just drop it? Don't you have your own band to be with? Instead of annoying me? What do you even want?!" I became furious.

"I want you back Laurie. Before fucking George tricks you! We were everything. We had everything! I loved you, I still do. And I'm not gonna give up on the best thing that's ever happened to me!"

"We were everything! We had everything! Had, Paul, had! You dropped me! You went away, you got the career you've always wanted, you have girls swooning at your feet, you have other celebrities around you all the time! Prettier, better celebrities! Why silly, old me? Why don't you get somebody else you can fool around with?! I don't need you Paul, I'm over you!"

He looked at me stunned, looking like he was contemplating something in his mind.

Suddenly, his hands were on my waist, and his lips on mine. I was too surprised to do anything. I didn't kiss back, I just stood there. Not that I would have kissed back either way. But I got my strength back. I pushed him away by his chest.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I yelled at him, loudly.

"I need you Laurie, I can't live without you, I've tried for a long time, but it's just not happening. You were what kept me stable. Sure I've tried being with other girls, but none of them were you."

Why is he so good with words? I certainly didn't have any at the moment. I was just letting myself drown in his hazel eyes. Don't Laurie, don't! Too late.

I walked towards him, and wrapped my arms around his waist, my head buried in his chest. He hugged me back immediately, hugging me tighter. It felt amazing. It's all I've dreamt of, the past 3 years.

Why do I always budge under for him? It's like he's my weakness. A weakness I'll never get over.

A/N: Decided I would update. Got a nice comment on the last chapter:). But I'm not going to be updating a lot. I have another story I'm more interested in, and a lot of things going on in my life at the moment, so writing isn't the thing I'm focusing on the most. Sorry. (But I'll try to get this story to an end, while still writing the other one.

My other story is a Niall Horan fanfic. It's called Change My Mind (even though I might change it). Go check it out, if you're interested, if not, don't. Love ya'll