Chapter 1

Once Professor Rendeck was done explaining what the class would be about, he assigned us our first project. He got to pick who would be our partners and I swear it was like being in high school all over again.

"Natasha, you'll be working with James... And um, Kelsey you'll be working with Josh." I hear Professor Rendeck say. I feel my face start to blush. Natahsa just laughs and looks to the back of the classroom.

"Now, please get with your partner, discuss your common intrests and figure out what a good magazine about each other would be. Keep in mind the common intrests your partner has and write stuff down about them. This will be do at the end of the week now... please get started." Professor Rendeck says sitting back down at his desk, getting on his laptop.

I get up and make my way around everybody else and sit down next to Josh.

"So, you're Kelsey?" Josh asks sitting up in his chair.

"Yep." I reply awkwardly looking around the room.

"Well... let's get started." He says clicking his pen and opening up his journal. He title the page Kelsey and looks at me.

"So... What some stuff you like to do?"

I bite my lip nervously and wait a few seconds before I finally reply. "Well, I um, really like film and photography. And my favorite color is neon green and I..." I say watching Josh write down these facts about me. I sit there and just stare at my hands for a while.

"Hey are you okay? What are these marks on your skin?" He says grabbing my wrists. He sets down his pen to examine the slits that have almost fully healed on my skin.

"Tell me about this." Josh says pointing to my cuts. I let out a long sigh.

"When I came into 9th grade, my first year of high school came around and over the summer a rumour had been going around. I didn't even know the rumours were going around, until a guy confronted me and asked who I "slept" with this summer. I told him I hadn't been sleeping with anyone and he told me that people were saying I had slept with the entire football team. People started to say mean stuff to me, calling me, slut, whore, stuff like that." I say letting q tear escape my eyes. Josh holds out his arms and hugs me.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that. No one deserves to be treated like that." Josh says rubbing my back.

I nod my heas and the bell rings. Josh lets go of me and gets up.

"Meet me at the Taco Bell up the street so we can talk some more?" Josh asks smiling. I nod my head, watching my future boyfriend walk out the door.