Chapter 5

Back at the dorms, I spend my entire night watching Josh's videos. I wake up in the morning thirty minutes later than I was supposed to making me 15 minutes late to class.        

        "Miss Kelsey please take a seat next to Josh and start working." I hear the teacher say as soon as I walk in. I sit down next to Josh and apoligize for being late.

        "Hey, don't worry about it, we're a bit a head because we met up yesterday." He says smiling. I smile and scan the room for Natasha who was working with her partner.

        "Hey so I watched some of your YouTube videos last night." I say to him pulling out my notebook. "I wrote some stuff down about you so we could skip some of the questions." Josh nods his head and then stops me from writing a question on the page.

        "I never said I was done asking you questions." He says smiling.

        "Oh, well what did you wanna ask me?" I said hoping he doesn't ask any personal questions.

        "Well, if you're okay telling me, I wanted to know about, well... That." He says pointing to the scars on my arm. I try to pull my sleeve down and look around the room to see if anyone was looking at us. Everyone was lost in their work and paying attention to each others partners.

        "It's a long and story and it's really boring so I'm sure you don't wanna hear it." I say trying to dodge the question.

        "No, I wanna hear it. Maybe it will help me understand you better." He says.

        I look down at the ground and sigh. "Okay well, when I was a kid, I wasn't really the most social person out there I guess. My mom raised me all by herself and when I was thirteen she started leaving me with this babysitter who was a guy. His name was Kyle and he was perfect at first. One day Kyle came in my room and closed my textbooks and told me that he needed me to do him a favor. I couldn't tell anyone about it though and it would have to be our secret. I wasn't gonna tell my mom, and I had no friends. I just felt like no one understood what I going through. I had seen people slit their wrists on TV and I just wondered what it felt like. If it really let out the pain. And it helped a bit. I cut everytime Kyle asked me to do him a "favor" and then Kyle left after a few years. My mom knew I had cuts on my wrists, she asked me one day and I said I hurt myself playing soccer. She knew I didn't play any sports but she took it. Whay a good mom right? Yeah, she died a few years later in a car accident. I felt empty at that point. I started cutting again but then I got a sudden intrest in photography and I kinda felt as if it was a way to express how I feel. And now I'm here."

        Josh looks at me with his mouth open. i guess he didn't know what to say. To be honest, I had no idea how to react to what I just told him. Never in my life have I ever told anyone the complete story. I always left out parts, like the fact my mom knew I cut, or that my mom had even died. But I felt as if Josh would understand or could at least try to understand.

        "You didn't deserve to go through any of that Kelsey. You know you didn't deserve to go through any of that. Don't ever think that you did. It's not your fault that some sick minded person came up with a selfish idea just to please himself. It's mean and completely unthoughful. Bet that guy didn't even think about how you felt." Josh says taking my hand. His words made me feel like the entire Kyle thing wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I smile wiping some tears off my face.

        "Thanks." I say trying to fake a smile.

        "Hey, you're welcome. Do you wanna come over my house after the rest of your classes today?" He asks me. I nod my head and Josh turns to his notebook. He writes down a bunch if stuff and then I start asking him my questions. I didn't have a lot of them since I had watched some of his videos last night. The bell rings and Josh smiles to me and hands me a folded piece of notebook paper.

        "What's this?" I ask starting to unfold it as the other students file out of the classroom.

        "It's my address. Be there at six okay?" He says pointing to me heading out the classroom. I nod my head and wave him goodbye. I'll definitely be there at six.

Author's Note: Heyyy guys. Hope you liked this chapter and please vote and leave a comment down below telling me what you guys thought of this chapter please. :)