Chapter 7

"Something special?" I say rocking on his bed. I look at his floor and think about this for a minute. I am definitely in no way at all special. I look at my arm and see my cuts are exposed so I turn my arm over and look at Josh.

"Wait no, thats not what I meant." He says putting his hand on my arm. I feel his thumb go over te old scars and he bites his lip. "Do you still, you know, do this to yourself?"

I shake my head and move some hair out of my face.

"Good, now please don't ever do this to yourself ever again. Okay?" I nod my head and he wraps his arms around me on my bed. I feel a waterfall begging to start pouring out my eyes but I hold it in.

"Hey Josh-" I hear the voice say in the direction of the doorway. I automatically pull away from Josh and put my head down, fiddiling with my fingers. Josh gets up and talks to the person at the door and then I hear a shutting sound. I turn around and look at Josh.

"Maybe I should go now, thanks for dinner. Your-" I start to say getting up.

"Wait," Josh says placing his hand on my shoulder. "Please stay just for a little bit longer. Kelsey, I actually-"

"It's okay Josh. I needed to get back anyway. Class tomorrow, remember?" I say putting on fake smile.