Chapter 9

Josh walks me back to my dorm after I visit the on campus nurse. She put bandages around my cuts and Josh kept on lecturing me on how I shouldn't be hurting myself like that and how I promised I would never do it again. Right now he's a little cooled down and he's holding my hand as we walk up the stairs. We reach my dorm and he walks in with me. 

"You can go home now, but thanks Josh, for taking me to the nurse and all." I say sitting down at my desk and turning on my laptop. He walks over to my MacBook and slams it shut.

"Kelsey stop." He says using a serious tone. "I need you to stop. I don't want to wake up one day and found out you- that you're gone. So many people care about you can't you see that?"

"You've only known me for a little while so I don't see why you care so much." I mumble getting up and walking over to my bed. He sits down next to me and takes my hands.

"I care because I love you." 

I laugh at that a bit and look down at our hands. 

"Sure you do," I say. "I've been told that before and-"

His lips press against mine for moment and he pulls back and looks into my eyes. "Please just don't do it again." 

I sit there with my mouth hanging open in unbelief of what just happened. Josh gets up and pulls me up too. "Where do you keep them?" 

"What..." I say still a little caught off guard.

"Your blades, where are they?" 

I open my closet door and grab a shoe box. He grabs it but I don't let go. I'm not ready for this yet. This is too big of a step. I need them. He yanks the box out of my hands and I leap for them but he holds me back. 

"You don't need these, I promise" 

"Josh, why are you doing all of this?" I ask still reaching out for the box.

"Because I really do love you."