Chapter 11

The next day I come to class wearing a Minnie Mouse sweatshirt so it hides the cuts on my wrists. I know Josh will probably be disappointed if he finds out that I cut, but he doesn't have to know. No one has to know. 

I come in the room and take a seat next to Tasha who's actually here today.

"Where have you been the past 3 days?" I ask her taking my journal and textbook out of my bag. 

"Oh, I've just been doing stuff..." She says smiling.

"Like what..." I ask

"Well you know Joey from SDK?" She says, I nod my head and she continues. "Well he we started talking and I may or may not have skipped the past 3 days of class with him." 

"I see..."

"What have you been up to Kels?" 

"Nothing really, me and Josh-"

"Oh yeah how are you and Josh?! Rumor around campus is that you two are dating. That true?"

"Well... it's complicated really I mean-"

"Oh my gosh, are you two like friends with benefits?" 

"OH my god!! NO!!" I scream. "It's just that he hasn't called me his girlfriend but he told me he loved me and cared about me, but friends say that kind of stuff don't they?" 

Natasha nods her head as if she actually cares about anything I'm telling her and maybe she does care but it's only because of gossip. Josh walks in and waves at me. He sits down behind us (not his usual spot by the way) and take out his stuff. 

"Hey Kelsey, can I talk to you?" He asks. I turn around and so does Tasha. 

"Yeah sure." I say scooting my chair closer to his table.

"Well, I mean in private..." He says, his eyes going between me and Tasha. "After class outside the cafe okay?" I nod my head and turn back around as the teacher walks in the room.

Why does Josh need to talk to me? Alone? I mean, what could he need to talk about that he can't talk about around Tasha? Maybe he just wants to take me out somewhere or something. Could he somehow know I cut last night? That's impossible, he can't know that. It was too late at night and he would've been asleep. All of these thoughts rush through my mind and I can't focus on what the heck professor Rendeck is saying. What the hell did I get myself into. 

After class Josh takes me by the hand swiftly and drags me outside the building. We're not even going to the cafe, I can tell. I know where it is and if anywhere we're going the complete opposite direction of the cafe. 

"Josh, where are we going?" I say sounding a bit panicked. He continues to walk and I just stop. He turns to me and pulls at my arm but I refuse to move. "Where are you taking me?" 

"Somewhere to get you help." 

"Help?! I don't need help Josh, what are talking about?" I scream back at him. He grabs my arms and pushes up the sleeve of my sweatshirt, revealing my fresh cuts. 

"I'm talking about this. You can't keep doing this. It's needs to stop." I yank my arm away from him and feel tears start to form in my eyes.

"How'd you find out?" I ask him. He shakes his head and runs his hand through his hair. 

"I was there last night at the store. I was about to go down the ilse you were in and I saw you pick up a pack of razors and something told me you weren't getting them to shave your legs." He say stepping a bit closer to me. "You promised, and you broke that promise. Now please, just let me help you." 

"I'm sorry, but I don't need help." I say starting to cry. "I'm fine, I don't need pills or medication or anything like that. I'm fine."  I wrap my arms around Josh and he does the same. He rubs my back and then kisses me on the cheek. 

"I'm going to help you get through this. I promise."