two

"i just don't get it," minghao said, setting his cola down on the lunch table. "why?"

"you're fresh meat," jeonghan mumbled, earning a smack on the back of the head from wonwoo. "hey! what was that for?"

"because." wonwoo shrugged.

"anyways, what he's trying to say is," mingyu started, picking up wonwoo's water and taking a sip from it. "none of them have been around you before. you're new game. and since you've turned junhui down, the rest will come flocking pretty soon."

"what does he mean?" minghao asked, looking over towards seungkwan and jeonghan.

jeonghan opened his mouth to speak, but seungkwan clamped his hand over his mouth. "it's pretty simple." he looked over minghao's head to see someone walking over towards them. he nodded his head towards the figure. "see for yourself."

minghao groaned and turned in his lunch chair to see soonyoung standing in front of him. he glared up at the boy.

"what do you want, kwon," he deadpanned, sounding more like a statement than a question.

"you looked a little thirsty," he said, smirking. "and cola's not really gonna do much of anything. here." he held out a water towards the boy.

minghao took it and remembered a prank he used to play on mingyu almost daily. he unscrewed the cap on the bottle and peered down into it before furrowing his eyebrows.

"um, soonyoung? i think there's something in this," he mumbled with fake concern.

"you sure?" he asked.

"yeah, there's something in here. see, look through the top."

he leaned over to peer into the plastic bottle. "really? 'cause i don't see-"

minghao squeezed the bottle, making the water erupt everywhere, especially on soonyoung. he stumbled back and yelped, wiping at his face with the sleeves of his sweatshirt.

"what the fuck?" he yelled, catching the attention of multiple people in the cafeteria.

soon enough, all attention was directed to a soaked kwon soonyoung and a laughing table of boys, with xu minghao holding a nearly empty water bottle.

"you look a little wet, soonyoung," seungkwan teased from the table. soonyoung glared up at him, flicking wet hair out of his face.

"fucking assholes," he grumbled, getting up and almost slipping on a puddle on the tiled floor while he stomped out to the courtyard.

"what happened?" minghao heard someone ask from the other side of the table. he turned and saw seungcheol holding his lunch tray standing near them.

"one of your little friends tried to flirt with minghao and got a water bottle squirted at him," jeonghan said nonchalantly, taking the cookie off the boy's plate. he did nothing to stop him.

"hansol or soonyoung?" he asked. jeonghan held up a two in response, taking a giant bite out of the sugary pastry.

"fuck. i gotta go before he wrecks the vending machines," he mumbled, setting the tray down and taking his bottled juice and chips with him as he walked out the doors.

"well," wonwoo said, breaking the short silence. "that was interesting."