twenty three

"stop following after him! it's a fucking trap!"

minghao had a package of chocolates and a bag of popcorn in his lap, surrounded by multiple other snacks as he yelled at his tv. chan sat next to him, scooping a big chunk of ice cream out of the gallon container and shoving it into his mouth. jeonghan was on the floor, sipping his slush that somehow still managed to be cold.

"you deserve to die, dumbass," chan said to the girl on the screen, mouth full of ice cream, before picking up a container of whipped cream and shooting some into his mouth.

minghao shoved a handful of popcorn into his mouth and almost choked when the killer popped up on the screen.

"see!" he yelled at the tv. "we told your dumbass, but you didn't wanna listen!"

"minghao, she can't hear us," jeonghan mumbled, sneaking a couple chocolates from the bag on the younger's lap.

"well she can sense us in spirit!"

joshua came in from the kitchen with a big cup of soda and a light tint to his cheeks. "why are you all yelling?"

"dumbass bitch is running twoards the killer," minghao grumbled. he stuffed a mix of chocolates and popcorn into his mouth.

"ah."

jeonghan waved the boy over to sit between his legs before speaking. "it seems like we're the only sane ones in here right now." joshua sat by chan and the eldest pouted.

chan smiled before throwing his legs across joshua's lap and threw his arms around his neck. minghao looked over at the two and smiled before turning and seeing jeonghan gazing at him. the movie ended and jeonghan stood up, dusting crumbs off of his shorts.

"i need to go talk to hao, you guys can pick out a movie, okay?" he said, gripping the younger boy's wrist and pulling him up, looking down at the other two who were still cuddled up together on the couch. they were walking out to the kitchen when they heard chan let out a small cheer.

"no chick-flicks." and the youngest boy let out a groan at the oldest's words.

"go fuck yourself!" chan yelled at jeonghan, followed by a soft "language!" from joshua, and the door to the kitchen clicked behind them.

minghao felt the boy let go of his wrist and he turned to look at him. "what's up?"

"hao, you okay? you seem off."

"what do you mean?"

"you jumped when the doorbell frang and you were too scared to open it for the delivery guy. or the girl scouts."

"they rang it like five times though!"

"they're little kids, what do you expect? now i'm serious, what's wrong?"

minghao sighed softly and looked the boy in the eyes.

"it's junhui."