nineteen

"so, how's suspension going for you?"

"shut the fuck up you tree stump."

jihoon got on his tiptoes -- minghao was on a ladder, come on, jihoon isn't that short -- and smacked the back of minghao's head, making the boy yelp and push the older.

"stop making fun of my height, you ass," jihoon grumbled, rubbing his now-sore hand.

minghao stepped off the ladder and proudly looked at his work, which was just painting his name above his window. jihoon rolled his eyes and closed the ladder, picking it up and starting to take it back to the garage.

minghao followed him. "why do you say suspension like that? we're not getting kicked out of school."

"yeah," jihoon started, barely managing to open the garage door while holding the ladder, "but you're suspended from two games."

"it's not my fault the coach is an asshole."

minghao turned the light to the room on so jihoon wouldn't trip on his way to the opposite side of the garage. when the older slammed the ladder on its stand, a cloud of dust burst out, making him sneeze and minghao chuckle softly.

jihoon glared back at the boy bedore making his way back to the door, pushing him slightly to get through.

"so, how's you and jun's relationship?"

minghao gulped as he closed the door, following jihoon to the den. he jumped slightly when he heard him speak up again.

"hao, are you okay? i asked you a question," jihoon said, turning to look back at the boy before plopping down on the couch.

"we're not in a relationship," minghao stated, "i'm still faking it, he is too."

"then what was that in the locker rooms the other day?"

"nothing! i'm telling you we're faking!"

"then why is your voice getting higher and louder? and why are your ears turning red?"

"i don't kno-"

"minghao, do you like junhui?"

---

"junhui!" soonyoung yelled, running down the sidewalk to catch up with the aforementioned boy.

jun turned around as he was sticking his key in the door lock and saw the boy darting up his driveway. "hey, what's up?"

"why did you get suspended from the game?" soonyoung panted, bent over with one hand on his knee. "thank god you live close to the outlets, i would've probably died if i had to run farther."

"it was nothing."

"i'm not sure if minghao constitutes as 'nothing'."

"if you knew then why did you ask?" jun said, opening the door and letting soonyoung in before shutting it. "dad! soonyoung's here, okay!"

"that's fine!" junhui's father called back from his room, and jun immediately opened the refridgerator and grabbed a bottle of water, tossing it to soonyoung.

"don't die on me from dehydration."

"okay, mother," soonyoung said, rolling his eyes before cracking open the bottle and downing about half of it in one go. "but still, what did you do to get suspended? all i knew was that it involved that boy you're 'faking' a relationship with."

"seungcheol caught us-"

"please don't tell me he found you fucking in the locker rooms, jun."

"no! jesus christ, they just caught us making out."

"'they'?"

"minghao's short friend was there with cheol."

"ah."

soonyoung finished off the water and tossed it in the trash before turning back to junhui. "you know he probably thinks you're trying to be fuckboy-ish still. it's been a month. you should probably cut it off now or else people will think you're actually dating someone and they're not just a quick fuck. you've had to have done him like, five times by now, right? i'm thinking that's enough for one pick."

"we haven't had sex yet," junhui said, hopping to sit on top of the counter.

"that's very unlike the wen junhui i know."

"i don't wanna do that to him. i don't wanna hurt him."

"junhui," soonyoung started, "do you like minghao?"