Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Put your wings on me

{Rose}
I hear the knock on the door and I go cold. I know my class heard the knock too, but they don't make a sound. They just stare at me with wide eyes. "Kids? Remember the song I taught you last week?" I ask and they nod. "Can you tell me who wrote it and what it was called?" I ask and a listening girl named Stella raised her hand. "Yes Stella?" I say and she says,"It's called Hymn for the Weekend and it was made by Coldplay." "Can you sing the chorus?" I ask and walk to the door. "Put your wings on me, wings on me, when I was so heavy." Stella and Dawn sing and I walk over to the door. "Who is it?" I ask. "It's me. Kaz." I hear him call and I open the door. I pull him inside and my kids turn to face him. "Hey guys. This my friend Kaz. Say hi." I say to them and they wave. "Hi Mr. Kaz." They say and Kaz nods. "Guys I want you to follow Kaz. Okay? Hold hands." I say in a soothing voice and the link hands. Kaz takes a little boy named William hand's and they follow him out.

We drop off all of the kids and now we're back home in his house. "Thank you so much Kaz." I say to him as I drink my tea. "It wasn't any trouble." He tries to shrug it off. "No. I was wrong about you Kaz. Maybe you're not so bad anymore." I admit and his eyes widen in shock. "Are you admitting that you misjudged me?" He asks and I sigh. "Yes. I'm so sorry that I did. Are we cool?" I say and he nods. "Yeah. It's okay. I was a real jerk to you, but it was only because-" He doesn't finish his sentence like he's not suppose to say something. "What time is it?" He asks and I look at my phone. "Oh. My. Gosh! It's 4 in the morning!" I exclaim and he laughs. "Go to sleep. I'll look after you." Kaz says and I nod my head. I lay down on the couch and I'm out like a light.

_______******________

Vote Comment and Follow