Chapter 22

Chapter 22

{Rose}
"There you go Rosey. Are your ribs feeling any better?" My dad asks and I nod my head. "Yes dad. They feel a lot better." I tell him and Kaz looks at his watch. "Is Rose ready to go? We have some things that need to be taken care of at the business. I hope that you don't mind." He says and my dad nods his head. "Sure. She's fine to leave, but she should cone back in a week or so I can make that they set properly." My dad replies and I look at Kaz and he just shakes his head and pulls me after him.

We get in the car and I look at him with a confused gaze. "Are just not going to tell my dad about Gage? Doesn't he have a right to know?" I ask as Kaz starts to drive. He sighs and nods his head as his eyes drift to me for a brief moment. "He does have a right to know, but something more important came up." He says as his eyes drift back to the road. "What's more important than telling my dad? Huh?" I ask as I cross my arms across my chest and glare at him.

What is he comes for my dad? He could hurt him because of me, and because I didn't warn him.

"Someone just hacked into the company and broke into the building. There's chaos everywhere and I need to be there to calm down the masses." He explains and I look at him for a brief moment. "Hacking? I can help with that." I say and he smiles. "I know that you can baby girl. I did my research on you, remember? That's why I'm bringing you with me, other than the fact that I'm not letting you out of my sight ever again." I roll my eyes, but don't say anything because as much as I hate it....he has a very good point. "I know that I'm right, Rose. And before you ask no I didn't read your mind.....you spoke it out loud." He says with a smug smirk on his face and I blush and punch his shoulder. "Shut you asshole." I mumble and he chuckles. "Anything for you baby girl." He says and I blush and roll my eyes.

{30-ish minutes later.....}
Kaz pulls the car to the back of the building and we both get out of the car. He wraps one arm around my waist and slightly pushes me in front of him so that I'm walking in front of him. "Has this ever happened to you and your company before?" I ask as we keep walking and he shakes his head. "Of course not.....no one's ever had the balls big enough to do it until now. It's unprecedented and we've never experienced this before." He says and we see Tris and Tobias walking (more like running) towards us. "What the hell is going on?! People are blowing up my phone and the entire company is freaking out!" Tobias shouts and Tris looks at him in shock. "Follow me....now." Kaz states and the three of us follow him into his office.

He closes the door behind us and Tris takes a seat on Tobias' lap. "Long story short......Rose and I might know, but we're not sure exactly what's going on." Kaz says as he rubs the back of his neck. Tris and Tobias look at me and I rub the back of my neck too and look down. "It's most likely Gage Jackson. If you can bring me a computer then I might be able to help." I state and Tobias gets up and leaves the room. "Who's Gage Jackson?" Tris asks and I sigh and look at her. "He's an ex of mine.....a crazy one at that. He's most likely doing this to me, and I don't think that it'll stop until he has what he wants: me." I explain and she nods her head as Tobias walks back into the room with a laptop in his hand. He hands it to me and he looks at me expectantly. "I don't wanna know what's going on right now. Just deal with this and we'll talk about this as a family later. Okay?" He says and I nod my head.

I open the laptop and frown at the fairly easy hacking code. I quickly get in and see a message that stops my heart mid beat.

Gage: Miss me sweetheart? Because I really miss you.

"Guys.....we have a problem. Gage got into your system, but he's gone now. He wants to talk.....to me." I say quietly and calmly. "Oh hell no! Are you crazy? Do you even know what he wants?!" Kaz shouts and I shrug. "There's only one to find out...." I say as I trail off.

Rose: I don't miss you, and don't call me sweetheart. You don't have the right to call me that anymore.

Gage: Why not? You're still my girl after all.....

Rose: I'm not your girl anymore......not after you cheated on me.

Gage: It was an accident. She didn't mean anything to me.

Rose: You took her to dinner and fucked her in OUR bed, the one that WE shared together......you're full of bullshit.

Gage: Okay so maybe she meant something to me, but I love you more than that slut.

Rose: Whatever. Why are you doing this? You want me, not him.
Gage: I need to make him suffer for trying to take my girl away from me. YOU'RE MINE, got that?!

Rose: I'm not yours, and I never will be again. How can I make this stop? You're ruining innocent people's lives by doing this.

Gage: Come to my house.....alone. I see anyone with you, I put a virus in that'll destroy everything.....it was the virus that you built, remember?

Rose: When do you want me there?

Gage: In an hour....and dress nice for me, okay?

Rose: Fine....see you in an hour

Gage has logged off.....

I log off and sigh as I look at them. "I have to go in an hour. Don't follow me, or your company will be ruined." I say to them and Kaz immediately starts to protest. "No Kaz! No arguing this time! If he sees anyone, but me he'll put a virus in that will destroy your company......I know that it will because I made it." I shout and he slumps in defeat. "Tobias....tell everyone to go home and have a week off." Kaz mumbles and pulls me after him.