Chapter 10

Chapter 10

{Rose}
As soon as he kisses me I melt into the kiss and before I can stop myself I kiss him back. We keep kissing until I break the kiss for air. "Why did you kiss me?" I ask. "I've liked you since we first met. All of those times in high school was only so I could get your attention. After college I spent a lot of money trying to find you." He explains and I just stare at him. I'm completely confuzzled. "What? I'm really confuzzled right now." I say and he laughs. He gives me a boyish grin and I swear that my heart skips a beat. "You haven't changed at all Rose. I really do like you to be honest." He says and walks closer to me; he keeps walking until we're literally inches apart. "I know that what I did to you was wrong and it's no excuse for the way that I treated you. But I really think that if you would just give me a chance I know that I can make you happy." He says and puts a hand to my cheek. "You know that I like you, but the real question is: do you like me?" He asks and I nod. "Yes I like you." I say and he smiles. "I'm glad. Would you be upset if I kissed you again?" He asks and I smile. "No I wouldn't, but I was always told to never mix business with pleasure." I say and he kisses me again. "When have I ever listened to the rules." He says with a smile on his face.

"Where are you going?" I ask Tris as I walk into the apartment. She's in one of my ombré dresses and I scowl at her. "Why are you in my dress?" I ask with my hands on my hips and she looks at me. "I'm going on a date, and I couldn't find anything to wear. So I borrowed your dress. I love you so much!" She says and I laugh. "Do you need any help from me?" I ask but she shakes her head. "I'm good, but he'll be here any minute now." She says then we hear someone knock on the door. "Open it and tell him that I'm getting ready!" She says before she runs to the back. I walk to the door and open the door to see Tobias standing there in a nice suit. "Hey Tobias." I say and he smiles then nods. "Hello Rose. Is Triss ready?" He asks with a little bit of urgency in his voice. "No, but she'll be out in a few minutes. You can come in." I say and make room to walk in. He does and takes a seat on one of the couches. "Do I look good?" He asks and I look at him. He's in an all black suit with his hair combed over to the side. "You look good. Triss will love it." I say and he beams. "Thank you. I've never been on an actually date before, and I just want everything to go right." He says and starts to blush. Triss walks inside the living room and I hear Tobias gasp. I walk over to him and touch his shoulder. "You okay dude?" I ask and he blinks. "You look...beautiful Triss." Tobias says and she looks down and starts to blush. "T-thank y-you." She says and I push them towards the door. "Okay you two love birds. It's time for you to go, or you'll be late." I say and push them out of the door. I go to the bathroom and take a shower before I walk back into the live room and start to watch Netflix when I hear a knock on the door. I open it and see Kaz standing with two boxes of pizza and a bag of something. "Can I come in?" He asks and I open the door a little wider so he can come in. "What are you doing in here?" I ask him as he sits down on the couch. "Since Tobias and Triss are gone I was hoping that I could spend some time with you." He says and pats the spot next to him. I walk over to him and he hands me a box of pizza. I open it and see that it's a Hawaiian pizza. I look at him with a raised eyebrow. "When you spent a lot of money to find me you went all stalker mode didn't you?" I ask and he blushes. I hug him then peck him on the lips. "That's the sweetest (and creepiest) thing that anyone's ever done for me. Thanks." I say and he hugs me back. "No problem. I'd do anything for you. I meant everything that I'd said earlier." He says and I curl up to his side like a cat. "How do you like me?" I ask and he laughs. "I love you to the moon and back. All of the stars, planets, cosmics, constellations, and everything else in the world will never express how much I love you." He says and I blush. "I can't believe that a few years ago we were at each other's throats, but now here we are and I'm curled up next to you. How did we end up here?" I ask and he laughs. "A lot of sleepless nights, a lot of money, and a hunger to claim what was always mine." He whispers to himself.