Chapter 17

Chapter 17

{Rose}
"Who did you just say?" Kaz asks slowly and I take a deep breath before I look into his eyes. "Gage Jackson. He is my ex boyfriend." I say as I get up and I can feel Kaz stiffen up before I get out of bed fully. "I can't even begin to comprehend or understand why you dated Gage Jackson!" He yells and I flinch as I walk into the bathroom and lock the door behind me. "It was a long time ago, okay?! I don't want to talk about it!" I shout as I get into the shower and let the hot water slide down my naked body. I hear a knock on the door and I sigh to myself. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asks as he knocks on the door and I sigh to myself. "Can we please talk about this when I get out of the shower?" I ask and I hear him sigh to himself. "Okay. I'll see you when you get ready to talk." He says before I hear him walk away.

I walk out of the bathroom looking (and feeling) very angry and stressed. I walk into the kitchen and starts to cook something and see Kaz walk in with a look of pure anger on his face. "Why did you date him?" He asks and I sigh to myself before I turn around to face him. "It's a very long story." I say and he nods his head before I put a plate down in front of him. "You have time to tell me...you're not leaving the house." He says and I nod my head as I take a seat in front of him.

"I had just graduated high school and I was at the hospital while my mother was slowly dying. I was in the waiting room when I saw a boy about my age walk in as well. There were tears running down his face and he seemed so worried and sad. I walked over to him, and started talking to him. I asked him why he was here and he said that his brother was in the hospital because he had got in a car crash. His brother lived while my mother died.

"That day I was leaving the hospital when Gage had  called out to me. I turned around and he gave me his phone number and told me to call him. A few days later I had called him and we had went out on a date. He was really kind and he was really funny. I didn't know it, but I had fell in love with him.

"We had been dating for about ten months when I had gotten a really weird feeling. I had asked if he had wanted to hang out one day, but he said that he couldn't because he had something to do. Well I had found out that he had went to a fancy five-star restaurant. I had went to go and surprise him because I knew that he had went home right after he had had dinner." I say and my voice starts to break. "Keep going." Kaz says and I take a deep breath before I continue.

"I had walked into the house and saw that there were clothes on the floor. I didn't know what to think so I had followed the trail. I had opened the bedroom door to see Gage in bed with a girl. They were both sleeping and I knew that Gage had cheated on me. I quietly woke the girl up and told her to leave and not look back. I had decided to scare Gage so I walked over to his ear, and screamed in his ear. He woke up startled and his eyes widen due to shock before he jumped out of bed naked. I slapped him and left the house. He had called me a million times, and I never answered. I hadn't seen him since yesterday."

By the end I'm crying and tears are running down my face. I finish eating and put my plate in the sink. "I've never been that hurt by someone that I care for. He broke me, and when I saw him yesterday everything came back to me life a tidal wave." I say and Kaz pulls me in for a hug. "Gage is very possessive and he's not a force to be reckoned with." I say quietly. "Well I am too." Kaz says as he pulls me closer to his chest.