You're My Whole

Jenna's POV

"Jesus," I muttered, slamming my car door shut as I walked along the sidewalk into Starbucks in the cool winter air. I sighed heavily in relief, the café warmer than it was outside. I hugged my military green jacket closer to me, warming myself up as I waited in line. Eventually, I got up to the counter and ordered a pumpkin spice latte and unbuttoned my jacket after sitting down in a secluded corner, revealing my white laced shirt with a solid white fabric right under it, taking off the hood and tossing my loose bouncy curls on each side. I sighed, pulling my phone out of my tan purse as I put my wallet away.

"Hey," a voice said, slightly accented.

"You're Jenna, right?" I looked up, the face familiar, but not matching with a name.

A boy who was fairly tall with messy auburn hair that swept across his forehead stood there, a powder blue button down on with a loose black tie. A beige throw-over light jacket with his sleeves pushed up to his elbows. His dark blue jeans fit well, almost fading into his black dress shoes.

"Yes?" I asked, trying not to sound as annoyed as I was.

"You were at the auditions, correct?" He asked again.

"I was indeed." I smiled politely.

"I thought you sang amazingly. You deserved to get in."

"I thought I did alright. I traveled to get nowhere." I spat angrily. I mused over the damn auditions, then looked up at the man, realizing I hadn't said anything to him. "Thanks, though."

He chuckled lightly, smiling.

"I'm Louis, by the way." He grinned, holding out his hand. I shook it, grinning.

"I remember." I smiled back.

And I would remember, for a very long time.