Chapter 1

*Riddhi Pov*

"How many times do I have to tell you that you shouldn't put your hair wet for long time?" Mom asked brushing my hair.

"But Mom, it will become dry eventually right?" I asked sighing knowing well I will have another class today.

"So? Will you stay hunger just because it will go away eventually?" she asked and I can imagine her shaking head without seeing.

"I will do it properly the next time." I said promising like usual and she sighed following her duty as always each time after scolding me.

"We will not be there always near you right?" she asked starting her emotional speech and I stopped counting the seconds looking at the clock near my sight.

"I will be back here after college, Mom. Do not worry at all." I said tapping her hand.

"Why do you even need to do this education? You are graduate and that is enough right?" she asked and I immediately turned around to look at her.

Oh no! I just hope she doesn't start having any second doubts regarding sending me by which even my dad will start thinking the same.

"Mom! I need this education and do not worry about money. I will go only with scholarship." I said assuring her and praying inside that she accepts it.

"We will just miss you." She said and I can see tears forming in her eyes.

"I will also miss you and I didn't even get the acceptance letter. So, no need to think about it." I said hugging her and moved back hearing the door bell.

I reached the door and opened it to see some post clerk and my hands started shaking immediately.

"Were there other letters like these for today, Uncle?" I asked him trying to use normal tone.

"Yes! I just gave one near the Town head house." He replied and forwarded my post.

I took the post and signed my name before he walked away. God! Please be with me in this.

Slowly opening the letter I gripped my breath and then went still reading the letter. I glanced around and saw Mom walking inside the kitchen.

"Mom! I will just be back." I said rushing near the foot stand and wore my sandals.

"But I am going to arrange lunch for both of us." She said standing near the kitchen entrance which is not far from the main door.

"I will be back soon and then have my lunch. You just carry on, Mom." I said and rushed out of the house running towards the small gate.

Within a few minutes I reached near the tree which is adjacent to lake but is very big and sat at the base of it so that no one from the lake can see me.

After a half an hour, I stood up and started pacing nearly crumbling the paper in my hands. And then I felt the heartbeat just rising on its own not relating to the tense mood like for the past few years.

"Why are you so late?" I asked turning around to see him standing a little far away from me holding the letter.

"You were just early." He replied shaking his head and I narrowed my eyes.

"Leave that! Now I just want to know the result." I said and started praying inside.

"Selected!" he mumbled with the same tension covering his face.

"Oh my god!" I mumbled and rushed near him before crushing him in my hug.

"You too?" he asked and this time he was the one who is crushing me and mine is very little in front of his.

"Yes! Isn't it amazing? We both are going to the same place. I got so scared when I got selected." I said stepping back from his hold.

"Scared?" he asked laughing at me.

"Yeah! What if you didn't got selected?" I asked shaking my head and sat on the ground.

He stopped laughing and slowly sat beside me before pulling me to him closely. I snuggled into his hold still not believing that our luck was so good.

"If I didn't got selected then do you think I would have sent you there alone? I would have just got there somehow and my dad knows how to spend money." He said pecking my cheek.

"Really? Then what if you got selected and I got rejected?" I asked smirking at him.

"Then I would have bought that for you." He replied making me glare at him.

"Fine! I would have rejected the seat." He added smiling and I smiled back before holding his face.

"I love you so much, Shiv." I said to which his gaze softened and pressed his lips to mine slowly.

I kissed him back throwing my happiness into it and he chuckled for the way I was pulling his collar and pecked my forehead.

"I love you too and now we need not meet here hiding from everyone else. We will even live at a same place." He said leaning back on the ground still holding me to him.

"Is that allowed in hostels?" I asked him frowning.

"We are not going to live there and I already found us a small place near to the university." He replied and I immediately frowned at him but then smiled.

"Were you that sure?" I asked him smiling.

"How can I not? We did hard work and we deserve it." He replied smiling but then my smile slipped.

"We need to tell our parents." I mumbled to which he frowned.

"Do we really have to? We will be away from them for two years and that too California is really far from India and more far from our small town." He said shaking his head.

"We can't hide our living arrangements. We already decided about this." I pointed out.

"Fine! We will do it but for now let's just enjoy our achievement." He said and I nodded before snuggling into his hold and it doesn't matter that we are lying on a ground where we can feel small stones poking us.

We don't care that there is little bad smell around us because we don't have another place like this to meet without anyone knowing it. We are together here and that is and will be enough for us.

-----------------------------------

k after typing i just saw that it is diff from my before ones as the love story is already there in the first chap and it is suits then i may give their past scenes in between only if it suits or if i get something n my head...

how is the chap guys?

comment plz and vote...