Chapter 2

*Riddhi Pov*

"What took you so long?" I heard the words and stopped in my tracks near the door only to look at Mom standing near the kitchen door.

I slowly glanced at the clock to see that it is past five and I have been out for more than six hours.

How did I acted so foolish and didn't realize that Mom will ask questions if I was late? I should have kept the time in my head and returned early.

"I am asking you something, Riddhi." She said in a stern voice and I frowned at her because this is so not her.

Did she find out about Shiv? This sudden thought entered my mind and crashed everything along with the forming of explanations in my head.

"I... I was... It is..." I just couldn't get something out as I was unable to choose one from the explanations.

I am so bad at this and that was why we both never stayed for long time near our place except an hour or even less.

"Stop teasing her." I heard a voice and even laughing after which even my Mom laughed.

"Dad?" I mumbled frowning as there is still one hour left for him to return and I was feeling little relief that Mom is the one asking me about my whereabouts.

"So, are you going to tell us or not?" he asked walking outside from their room door where he was standing until now but I didn't saw him.

"About what?" I asked him frowning as it seems my brain just got freezed still thinking what excuse I should give them.

"You didn't get selected?" he asked in a sad tone.

"What? For what?" I asked shaking my head hoping to understand the words from them.

"For university, Riddhi. What happened?" Mom asked moving towards me.

"Oh! I got selected." I mumbled forwarding the paper.

"But how did you guys know about it?" I asked when they started reading the letter.

"You just left the cover of the post on the floor while leaving and I immediately called your dad so that he can be here along with me for you no matter what is the result." Mom explained and I smiled before hugging them both.

"So, where were you?" Mom asked when I stepped back.

"Maybe she was outside to finally release the breath. She worked really hard and was very tense everyday right. Isn't it the reason?" Dad asked and I immediately nodded because it is true in a way.

"Let's celebrate and then discuss about the packing and everything. There is not much time left." He said and I nodded smiling.

At times I just feel guilty for hiding about him near them but I know no matter how is the love between two people it is always wrong here. Perks of being in a small town where most of the people knows most people.

And they definitely know my dad as he is a government employee in a pension office. As there is mostly old-age people present at each house, he is known easily and talked with too.

He is a great dad and loves me so much but is even strict which just makes me think again and again how to tell him about Shiv.

Mom will just get angry for sure though and will go with my dad's reaction mostly. I sighed thinking why everything can't be easy like the way I got my true love.

*Shiv Pov*

"I can't believe some people at all. They don't know how to respect someone in high position." My Dad started shouting as usual whenever something doesn't happen as per his wish.