Chapter 6

*Riddhi Pov*

"Your boyfriend is in trouble." One of the co-worker whispered, making me glance up from the work I am doing with arranging the items properly in the shelves.

"Oh no!" I whispered before moving towards the other side of the store hoping it is not big today.

It's been one month since the college started and I thought he would be settled into the job easily, but he is just not liking that he has to take orders at all and always rebelling towards the manager.

"I asked you to arrange the items I have sent a ten minutes ago. What are you doing here?" I heard the manager asking with a raised voice.

"I am helping the customers." Shiv's curt reply can be heard even while I am little far away.

"You are not helping them. You are time passing with them and I don't think you should work here anymore." I panicked hearing those words and immediately reached beside them to see our new friends or shall I say his close friends are standing near him.

"You are fired." Manager ordered before I could open my mouth to argue and then saw Shiv and the others grinning.

"With pleasure!" he said, saluting him and started walking away while smiling at me.

"Let's go!" he added, holding my hand.

"She still has work to do." Manager said stopping Shiv.

"If I don't work here, then even she will not. No one would want to work below a tyrant who behaves like he owns the whole store." Shiv retorted and started dragging me.

"I will come within a second." I whispered to which he nodded and walked out with his friends.

"I am so sorry, Sir. But please don't remove him from the job." I said the moment I reached near the manager.

"He was never for the job like this, Riddhi. He doesn't like taking orders and you know the part-time jobs will always be like this. I would have liked if you stay and work, but I know he is your boyfriend. However, take the money for the extra week you both worked." He said walking towards his small office and I felt tears pricked feeling terror thinking what to do now.

I walked outside to see the four of them laughing and joking around, but why am I not finding anything to laugh about it.

"What happened again? I hope he didn't accept to your request to tame me back." Shiv said pulling me to him with a smile.

"What will we do now?" I asked in a whisper.

"Anything but not this and I will search something for us. I would have bared some more, but I don't know why I couldn't do it at all." He whispered back placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Oh please! I am still in shock that you worked here for this long, bearing all those insults. As far as I know you wouldn't stay for a day at all." Sailu said rolling her eyes.

"And you guessed right, but this woman here knows how to persuade me, you see." Shiv said pecking my cheek.

"Anyway, this is the time for the party. You finally got your freedom." Sailu said and the remaining two accepted.

"Are you cool with it?" Shiv asked, turning towards me when I stayed silent in his arms.

"I need to go to the flat." I replied, stepping back and started walking still in shock and fear regarding what to do next.

What if we don't find some work which will not pay much like this? Why are his friends hell bent in flattering him and making him do stupid things?