Chapter Sixteen

Everyone was talking and chattering about random topics. The talk went from anime to Mettaton's recent show to battle guards to spaghetti. You made an effort to pitch in once in awhile but you couldn't help but feel the insecurity from the light clicking sound you heard two hours earlier. It freaked you out...the idea of someone possibly stalking you, it just didn't settle well.

It seemed as if you couldn't even forget or push aside the idea. The quick flash of the camera was so simple yet, it was so disturbing. You were just making a big deal out of nothing...at least that was what you were tried to tell yourself. You're probably just paranoid. Nothing is actually wrong just-

"Kid?" Sans nudged you a bit, breaking your thoughts.

"Hm?"

"Somethin' wrong?" His eyes were glazed with worry as everyone else was chattering about some random ghost. You shook your head. Not like he'll believe me anyways.

"Nothing's wrong." You smiled, trying to reassure him. "Just zoning out again."

"You sure? Cause if you need to talk, I'm always here."

"Yeah. I'm fine." You chuckled through your blushing cheeks at his concern. He's really a sweet guy...so caring...

"TRUTH OR DARE IT IS THEN!" Papyrus exclaimed, shattering your paranoia and thoughts. He looked over at the both of you, gesturing that you both come over. "COME, HUMAN! EVERYONE IS STARTING A ROUND OF TRUTH OR DARE!"

"Yes, darling. Please do." Mettaton said with a smile and turned to Alphys. "Alphys, dear. Can you please place the Dare Points here."

"Dare Points?" You asked as you started your way towards to circle with Sans right behind you.

"Heck yeah! Do you not know the rules yet?" Undyne asked as she snatched a small jar from Alphys. It was filled with small yellow, foam balls, each labeled with 'DP' in sharpie.

"No..." You started with an unsure smile and say yourself next to Alphys. Sans placed himself next to you, causing the butterflies to stir.

"I shall explain our little twist on the game." Undyne said through a toothy grin. "These things are called, Dare Points." She pointed to the plastic jar with the balls in it. "If you get three of them, you get to do something called an 'Ultimate Dare'."

You nodded in understanding as she continued her explanation.

"With an Ultimate Dare, you get to dare more than one person to do whatever you please. For example, if I had three DPs (Dare Points for short), then I could dare for you and Pap to kiss." She laughed as Pap started to whine a bit from her remark. You laughed uncomfortably but this sounded oddly interesting and fun. Something vicious stirred within you as Papyrus started to yell at Undyne.

"WHAT? THE GREAT P-"

"I'm kidding Pap. Anyways, there's two ways to get these points. One, you do a dare three times in a row but you have to do a truth after each set of dares. In other words, you have to follow the pattern of dare-dare-dare-truth." She paused to see if you caught on, which you did, now nodding in growing eagerness to start. "The second way to get a point, is if you do a dare that is so ridiculous, half the group agrees to let you have the point. You are allowed to do another dare for your next turn if this is the case. Understand?"

"Yeah..." You muttered, now bubbling from excitement...there was just a couple questions. "What happens if you get one of those really ridiculous dares and you don't want to do it?"

"Easy. You just have to do a truth afterwards."

"And...heh, what if you can't think of a dare or a truth to say?" You laughed nervously. You weren't exactly the most imaginative thing.