Chapter Thirty Two

Considering that Papyrus was driving, the morning went quite smoothly. Everyone was playing cards, except Toriel, who was mentioned something about having morning sickness, so Alphys was checking her for any possible fatigues and illnesses.

You weren't exactly 100% either, thanks to yesterday. Your right eye was a pure black again, this time with streams of red through it. Your entire right arm was sore, but the wound from the knife was almost completely healed, so you were glad for that.

Nothing really happened until noon when Papyrus got the car lost. He said that he had followed the map, just as it was shown to him. Turns out, he had it facing the wrong way. Gaster was able to figure out where the car was at, the only problem was that you guys were on an one way road and there won't be any turns to return back for a good while. According to him, you all would be lost by the time the next turn came in.

"Can I see the map?" Sans asked, which Gaster handed over to him. Because Sans was sitting next to you, you saw the little markers on the paper and quickly figured out what road you guys were on. As your eyes tracked along the swerving line, you caught sight of a gas station along the way, which meant that someone could go in and ask for help.

"Hey, guys. There's a gas station about...ten minutes from now." You told the group. "We could stop by and I could go in to ask for directions."

"Okay, but what if someone is out there looking for you." Sans almost immediately replied to your proposal. You glanced up at the group, finding that they weren't going to interfere. They all seemed to have gotten the impression that this was a decision that would be decided by just you and Sans. Biting your lip, you turned to Sans.

"Then we can have Mettaton do a bit of makeup on me. He's good enough to alter my appearance." You said simply. Sans didn't seem to fond of the idea.

"Okay. Then what about your eye? How do you expect to cover that?" He asked, raising one of his nonexistent eyebrows.

"Ehh...eyepatch?"

"Again?"

"I don't see why not."

"Why don't we just let Frisk go?"

"It's not safe. Besides, Frisk as a bigger reputation than I do and if she goes in, then it'll be obvious that she's traveling with monsters." 

Sans frowned, realizing the level of your stubbornness.

"Fine. Just don't die." He chuckled as Mettaton swooped in to glaze your face with the shiny paste. It wasn't long until the truck stopped and Mettaton had finished your face mask and placing on your eye patch. Before you left, Alphys had handed you the small roll of cash that Gerson had left with you guys and asked you to buy some water and a trail mix for Toriel. 

With the new checklist, you hopped out of the RV and made your way into the store. The air was a lot dustier than you imagined and the wind was harsher than you expected but the store wasn't too far off. Before you walked inside, you spotted a sign saying 'No Service to Monsters'. This caused you to bite your lip as you walked in, hearing the light 'chime' as you did so. The first thing that caught your sight was the cashier and the person working it. She had jet black hair, pale skin, and soft blue eyes, but she was nice enough to bid you a 'hello' before you got to analyze the store.

The store was a decent size with different sections for general items ranging from snacks to rubbing alcohol. There was also a clothing section with a couple of sweaters and jackets, which you took your time to look through for anything that may spark your interest. After some searching, your eyes caught the sight of a heavenly, light blue jacket. At first, it didn't appeal to you, but at second glance, you found that it fit a certain someone quite well.