Chapter Forty Five

"Twenty-six bottles of slime on the wall..."

You could hear someone singing that childish song, causing waves of irritation to wake your body.

"Twenty-six bottles of slime..."

Your eyes began to flicker open, the darkness clashing with the bright lights. Immediately, you forced yourself into the sitting position to rub your eyes.

"What the heck! It's so fricken bright!" You spat, trying to adjust to the light difference. The person that had been singing stopped.

"Oh! Seven! You're awake!" That was Sury's voice. "That's so good that you're awake! One had me watch you for the time that you were knocked out from the surgery...it didn't take as long as the surgeons anticipated."

"That's great." You mumbled, feeling your eyes begin to adjust to the light. Fully opening your eyes, you saw that you had, in fact, just taken surgery. Why you had the procedure done was beyond you. "Why did I need surgery?"

You looked to your right, finding Sury's bright eyes glancing at you curiously.

"Well, us magicians have an amazing health regeneration compared to humans. Like how Five should have told you, we can regenerate from the loss of entire limbs." Sury was reciting all of this with proud rememberization. "Except on certain occasions, like when you get impaled through the heart, brain, or soul, you will die because vital organs, or magic, cannot recover from such damage. The same applies to head decapitation."

You blinked at her explanation, now understanding what Simon had said when he first pulled you out. He probably wasn't kidding.

"Can you answer my question?" You asked her. She nodded eagerly, causing her bright orange-reddish hair to bounce.

"Oh! Well, your leg got shot on the incident of the mirror prisoner breaking out, and your body immediately closed up the wound. Surgeons were needed to get the bullet out." She then paused suddenly, eyeing some mess upon the floor. Pointing to the floor, Sury frowned. "It got kinda messy."

You shot her a questioning glance and stuck your head over the infirmary bed, eyeing down the bloody mess that laid upon the floor. How so much blood got onto the floor was beyond you, but you felt fine.

From the looks of it, the blood seemed a little damp, implying that the surgery had taken place maybe an hour or so ago. How the heck did I recover that fast?

"How long was I out, Four?"

"You attempted to break out with the mirror prisoner yesterday...so roughly 27 hours." Sury mumbled, staring down at her feet. Suddenly, her head perked up in remembrance. "It's have to report your awakening to One!"

She quickly pulled out her phone, which flung out of her pocket, slipping out of her fingers from the force. For a couple of seconds, Sury's hands were flying frantically for a grip on the phone (still mid-air), which she was successful in. She mashed the buttons and stuck the phone to her ear, now waiting for a response.

Something stabbed at your heart as you broke your stare upon her. She acted in such good faith, and innocence, it hurt. It reminded you of Papyrus. 

Papyrus....Sans....Frisk....Undyne....Everyone...I miss you all.

You found your breathing irregular from the wave of homesickness and quickly corrected it. Shaking off the sadness, you glared down at your leg, finding only a thin scab from the surgery. Sans is my home and I'm going to go home. I'll die trying if I have to.

"Okay, Le- I mean, One!" Sury sputtered out nervously and blushed in embarassment. "I'm sorry!"

You heard someone on the other end, but you couldn't make out a thing they said. Sury hung up and forced the phone into her pocket. With a frown, she looked up at you.