Chapter Twenty Eight

Everyone found themselves in the lab, eating dinner. Somehow, Alphys had stocked up on foods, mostly chips and instant noodles, and had provided everyone with a stable meal. You found yourself talking to Gaster and Flowey about current events and what to do.

"We have to do something! Chara's not just going to reveal her current location!" Flowey spat. Gaster nodded and looked down at his floating papers, reviewing his notes. Everyone finally understood how Flowey and Gaster escaped the Underground, but they weren't comfortable with them being here yet. You were just lost of focus.

"(y/n)?" Frisk's timid voice reached your ears, causing you to look down at the small girl. "Where's Dunkle?"

"He's still looking for my dad..." You said softly, feeling the guilt. Sans still wasn't back yet, and the silence of your father was bothering you. Everyone knew why he was gone, but if he and your father both died, the finger would point at you to blame. The young girl nodded and held up a watering can, gesturing that she wanted the flower. With a weak smile, you turned to the flower pot, which was placed on a table, and lifted it off the counter.

"Hey! Idiot! What are you doing?!" He snapped as you placed him on the ground. Before he could say anything else, Frisk gently shower him in water droplets. This caused him to shut up and mumbled to himself, as his petals grew bright from the sudden hydration. You turned to Gaster who smiled down at you.

"How are you feeling, (y/n-" He was interrupted with a blinding, white light that filled the room. Within seconds, everyone found Sans standing there with his hands in his short pockets. He still didn't have his jacket which annoyed you, but you were overjoyed to see that he was okay.

"Welp...I'm back." Sans said with a cheeky smile. Everyone greeted him and returned to their task, but you were now ready to ask the dreaded question.

"Where's my dad?" You asked, waiting for an answer. He turned to you, sadness glazed over his white pupils.

"I don't know. He's not there, but, I can't lie to you, the place looks more wreaked than when we last saw it. It looked like there was some kind of struggle, but I found this." He fished a small package out of his pocket and handed it to you. It was a small cardboard box, a little bigger than one of your hands, and it had a small index card attached to it. You refused to look at it, as the shock filled your head. Hey, calm down. You freak out way too much. It'll be okay. Maybe he's not actually dead...just stuck in hiding. And he doesn't have his phone.

Shaking your head, you thanked Sans and tried to comfort yourself from the disappearance of your dad. Sans nodded, though concerned. Turning away from you, he locked his stare at someone. You found that it wasn't in shock, but in anger.

"What are you doing here?" He growled and approached Gaster.

"For many reasons." Gaster muttered sadly. He seemed disappointed by the reaction of his son.

"Right." Sans rolled his eyes and whispered some threat to him, which caused Gaster to sigh and nod. He then walked away from Gaster, making his way to Alphys, discussing something with her. Your gaze glanced over to Undyne, who suddenly jumped in realization. She grabbed Sans by the head, and placed him so he was facing her.

"Hey, punk! What the actual hell are you?!" She asked him, now gaining the attention of everyone. They all raised their eyebrow in concern as she started to explain the reason behind her actions. "Yeah, I saw what you did back at the human raid thing earlier. Your eye got all blue and- I'll admit that was fucking badass- but how?!" She demanded for an answer, causing Sans to stay silent. You bit back your lip, because you knew exactly what she was talking about.

"ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE BLUE, FLYING HUMANS, UNDYNE?" Papyrus asked, his face still plastered with innocence. "I THINK THAT WAS PRETTY COOL HOW THEY ALL KEPT FLYING AWAY FROM US. IF THEY WERE TRULY TRYING TO HURT US, THEN THEY WOULD ATTACK US, RIGHT?"