Chapter Forty One

You weren't sure of what to expect as Sury started to chant a spell. With careful eyes, you watched as her magic rippled down and surrounded the fossilized head. It grew, revealing the vertebra of the neck, and then the spine. Eventually, ribs and shoulder blades appeared, along with the legs and the tail. Before your eyes, you saw the skeletal structure of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. It grew to be 12 feet tall, breaking the ceiling. Oh shit.

Sury must have been able to read your expression because she let out a laugh and smiled cheekily. 

"Oh, don't think you've see anything yet." Her right hand became smothered in orange magic and with a quick snap, it all rushed into the living skeletal creature, allowing a mighty 'roar' to escape it's mouth. Meat and muscle began to wrap around the face and arms, quickly covering the entire body. A pair of eyes filled the empty eye sockets and skin began to cover the massive being. It's skin-like scales armored the tissue, and before you knew it, you had to face the Number 4, a squad of nine armed men, and a prehistoric beast. "I think I'll name it..."

Sury mumbled to herself, squinting her eyes in frustration. You took the time to evaluate what to do, eventually working yourself into attacking the men first. 

"Is this really mandatory right now, Four?" One of the men asked, obviously irritated with her behavior of the created dinosaur. "We have a magician to catch."

"You're right!" Sury said and clapped her hands happily. She looked up at her dinosaur admirably as it growled, bearing it's teeth. "I'll name it Tory!"

"That's not what I meant, Four." The same man groaned, gaining a snicker or two from the group of nine. Sury didn't really care as she brought her orb near her and swirled it around the T-Rex. You started to wonder if the battle would ever start just when she pointed in your direction and stared up at her dinosaur.

"Go get her, Tory."

It let out a roar and chased after you. You used magic to fling pieces of the ceiling and floor up at the creature, hoping to discourage it but, it didn't loose it's determination. Instead, it gained speed and you had to fly in order to escape some of it's attacks. Sury seemed to have grown impatient due to all the yelling that fell out of her lips.

"COME ON, TORY!"

"WHAT THE HECK?!"

"HOW DID YOU MISS HER?!"

Oh, what a healthy pair of lungs she had.

You continued to dodge and fling random items at the dinosaur, finding that it was now tired and stumbling over objects that it had neatly jumped over before. At this, you felt relieve at it's lack of endurance, but was quickly lost when the explosion of bullets split the air. Turning around, you saw a group of bullets flash right at you and because of instinct, you turned away in fear and shot up a hand to protect yourself. 

Hearing the roar of the dinosaur, you peeked at the direction of the incoming bullets, finding that the bunch had been stopped about half an inch away from your outstretched hand. A breath of relief escaped your lungs, but was cut short when something slammed against your back. You felt your face and body smash against the wall, and felt the pain that rippled along your back as you hit the floor. A groan of pain was released out of your lips and you saw Sury's face pop into your line of vision.

"That's all you were capable of?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. You gritted your teeth through your pain and blasted an energy orb into her face, causing a surprised yelp to sound through the room. 

"Well, what'd ya know!" She exclaimed as you watched her stumble around the room, holding her left eye. You spotted a line of blood trickle from under her hand, allowing satisfaction to fill your stomach and for you to stand up to face her. Sury smiled and extended her index finger towards you. "Seven can fight!"