Chapter Thirty

It's been a week since the whole "formal" thing went down and you were probably the happiest person alive. Sans was your's and you were determined to stay loyal to him...it wasn't hard. The first couple of days were awkward but, you two were starting to get used to the new relationship status. And no, you both haven't had your first kiss yet. 

Currently, you were sitting next to Sans on a lone couch in a lounge area as he fiddled with a radio. He was getting extremely drowsy from the calm afternoon and his lack of sleep from the night before. For some reason, he hadn't been able to sleep as smoothly as you had originally thought. 

"You could take a nap, you know?" You told him for the thousandth time. He just leaned his head on your shoulder and repeated the same excuse for the thousandth time.

"But I want to spend time with you, Fruitloop." He yawned and started to turn the knobs on his radio. You just shook your head and rested your head on his. 

"You're not going to be able to stay up much longer. You know that, right?" You asked him, which he replied with a tired nod. You rolled your eyes in frustration and sighed. For another couple of minutes, you both stayed silent, just enjoying the presence of each other. Only the sound of a sudden commotion and the scattering of feet caused you to perk your head up. Sans had fallen asleep, and he didn't seem to have noticed as his head fell onto your lap. You blushed lightly at his limp body as Alphys rushed into the room, fixing her glasses.

"(y/n)?" She stumbled into the room with a small technical device in her hands. 

"Yeah?"

"Is Sans asleep?"

"Mhmm." You looked down at the skeleton in amusement. "He couldn't sleep well last night."

"I see...well, there was a call from an unknown camp in California." She said as she activated and handed you the device. You looked down at the object, finding that it was a small voice recorder. You pressed the 'play' button, allowing a male voice to ring through the device.

"Hello, monsters and runaway humans. This is the California Monster Base and we are aware that you and the surrounding monsters are still alive. Under the current conditions, we advise you all to immediately retreat your current area and come here to safety." The voice started talking about directions to this hidden base and how it would take approximately five full days to get there if proper precautions were made. It then came to an abrupt stop.

"Everyone is starting to pack up and take things to the RV." Alphys muttered and looked up at you nervously. 

"Already?" You asked, full of sudden doubt. "Even though this could clearly be a trap?"

"Gaster and I both analyzed this device and got in personal contact with the leader of that base. He says that we should leave immediately because there's a human raid coming quite soon-"

"What?!" Sans woke up, sitting up immediately. He looked at Alphys and then at you with wild, concerned eyes. "We have to go!" 

"Wha-" You were cut off as he picked you up and teleported to the both of your guy's room. He started to scamper around your closet, pulling out random objects you didn't even know was in there. They were chucked to the other side of the room, stuck in a growing, messy pile.

"Annnnnnnnnnnnd..." He practically fell into the closet and pulled himself out with a cheeky smile. His eyes turned to you, full of amusement. "Oh? You haven't started packing?"

"No..." You raised an eyebrow in confusion as he snickered and pulled out what appeared to be a glass bottle of ketchup. A groan escaped your lips at the sight of the condiment.