Ending: Pt. 2

Everyone just stopped. You didn't know why, but they did. Sans kept asking you questions, but nothing came out anymore. You had lost your voice. Well, shit. Am I fricken Ariel now?

You tried to speak, you really did, but being mute was something you didn't plan on. Clare never lost her voice, how were you supposed to know that?

"(y/n). Please. Talk to me." Sans was trying to coax words out of you, but as much as it hurt, you couldn't say a thing. Your mouth would move, but nothing was working. You were beginning to freak out, and it wasn't until you accepted it, that you were truly able to figure out that then battling had ended. People were rushing out with white flags, lowering their guns, and pleading for mercy. It shocked you at first. Why?

But then you looked over at Alex's body, walked towards him, and say that he was almost dead. The poor bastard really couldn't take that beating, but he was alive. His pale face glanced up at you, his lips tight in anger.

"You're going to regret this, (y/n). You know deep down that you do." He murmured. You shook your head and looked over at Sans. With hand gestures, you beckoned him over. Now was the tricky part. Does the saying kill or be killed actually work?

You, personally, were done with killing. And no way you were going to witness another human getting killed in front of you. So, you started to rip off stripes of your shirt and patching up Alex, hoping that Sans would catch what you were trying to save. He got it almost immediately.

"You're really going to save the bastard that made go through this war?" He grumbled, almost surprised with what you were portraying. You immediately nodded and pulled the bandage tighter. He sighed. "Seriously, though? I mean, look what he's done, (y/n). What if he comes back? I mean...It's obvious he put almost everyone on the humans' side under mind control... He made us kill innocent people."

You nodded anyways. In a way, you were going to need him. You knew that.

Sans frowned but did as you asked and teleported with both you and Alex to the medical infirmary. You found a nearby notepad, so you began to write out questions as Sans figured out where to put Alex. He got a room pretty quickly. It didn't take long for Sans to meet you.

"Whatcha writing there, sweets?" He looked at your paper, that was roughly a quarter filled.

You stopped and showed the paper to him, revealing the content of questions. Most of them just said why?

"You gonna ask Alex these?" He asked, causing you to nod. "When do you plan on going?"

You began to scribble out a time. Tomorrow.

You watched as Sans nodded and glanced away from you. And just for a second, you already knew what he was going to do. Upon instinct, you attempted to speak, but nothing came out. So with frustration, you hastily wrote down what you believed he was going to do.

Are you going to put me in the infirmary too?

I held the notepad up to him, and with sad eyes, he read it over, sighed, and nodded again.

"I'm sorry, Sweets. But after the whole Clare incident, how could I not? I'm worried for you, and heck! I don't even know if you'll live." He croaked at the thought of missing you. "I don't know what to do. Am I going to lose you?"

You shook your head and began to write again.

No, not if I could help it.

Suddenly, you felt him hug you, tightly, and with that, tears overcame the both of you. He started to sob, but, you only had silent tears.