Chapter Forty Six

Scanning your surroundings, you found that you had no idea where you were at. What do I do, what do I do...

You decided to follow instinct and wing it. Taking random turns, you constantly checked for any threats but you figured with all the chaos around, you would be less prone to attacks.

Eventually, your ears began to pick up a nearby commotion, and you followed the noise. You picked it up in a room towards your left so with magic, you blasted the wall which revealed the group of humans shooting at the ghost. You immediately screamed out in concern and flew over all of them to get to the ghost. 

It seemed frightened, the poor thing. It's wide eyes seemed to have been shaking in fear, jumping a bit as a bullet passed through it's ghastly body. 

You held up a hand, now providing a red overcast over both you and the ghost, finding that you had somehow created a force-field around you both. How'd I do tha- who cares!?

"Are you okay?" You asked the ghost, finding that it had shrunk to the size of your head. It now crowded behind your back, occasionally looking over your shoulder at the monstrous sight. 

"I didn't mean to be a bother..." It mumbled out so quietly, you were surprised you picked up it's answer. "I'm sorry..."

You could see the silent tears stream out of it's eyes. This broke your heart.

"It's okay." You forced a light smile and turned back to the crowd, finding that they had stopped their fire upon the ghost. They all appeared hesitant to shoot, probably because you were there. If you injure me, the head board punishes all of you.

"Seven. What are you doing?" You heard Riley walk past the crowd, her cyborg-ish arm now glistening in the lights. The purple jewel embedded into the shoulder of her metallic arm sparkled in excitement. "You know better than to do this."

You glanced up at her, challenging her statement. 

"But do I really?" 

Riley sighed from your difficulty and flicked a switch on her arm. Before your eyes, you watched as her robotic fingers formed into a gun.

"I'll see what Six will do with you before I join." She muttered, as a familiar zip of yellow rushed past her. How you blocked him out was truly beyond you. Around you, a red sphere had protected you from Nathan's attack, keeping him outside, and you and the ghost inside. He was slightly confused as to what had blocked him out and you took advantage of this moment to blast at him. His body was flung against the wall, giving you the chance to book it. 

With the protective sphere, you rushed out of the room, trying your way out of the base. The ghost was flying along with you, keeping up along with you just fine.

Take a left.

You slowed to a stop at the sudden thought. Is that my own thought?

Take a left.

There was no time to ponder over the new voice in your head so you found yourself obeying it and rushing to the left. It wasn't long until it started talking again.

Go right.

You went right.

"Do you know where your going?" The light mumble of the ghost barely reached your ears. 

"I don't..." You muttered, now realizing how ridiculous that sounded. What am I doing?!

If you want Clare, take a left. If you want to leave, go right. Be aware though, if you go left, you will get locked in and a new route will have to be taken in order to leave.