Chapter Twenty One

A/N: Hey guys! Okay, so I won't be able to post tomorrow, so I'm posting today. :P  I can't believe how slow this story is...I'm sorry haha, I'm trying to speed it up! Well, anyways, thanks to my loyal readers and please enjoy! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N)! HUMAN!" Papyrus nudged you awake to the sound of a distant alarm clock. "SCHOOL STARTS IN AN HOUR! YOU NEED TO GET READY!"

"Huh?" You mumbled and rolled of the couch, hitting the carpet floor with a thud. Shaking your head, you brought yourself to reality. 

"ARE YOU OKAY, HUMAN?" Pap asked, his voice filled with concern. 

"Yeah, thanks." You mumbled and stood up with some difficulty. Flowey's words felt glued to your head as you blindly walked over to your suitcase. He's right... I'm really not going to tell anyone...I-I can't.

"WELL...I HAVE TO GET SOME MEDICINE FROM ALPHYS..."

"For Sans?" You asked him as you pulled out some shorts and a t-shirt.

"YEP! I'LL BE BACK SOON." Pap muttered and rushed out of the house. You just nodded and made your way upstairs. Should I go check on him? ...ugh, this feeling is killing me.

You stood in front of the restroom, staring down at Sans' closed door. The concern was nipping at your heart, knowing that it wouldn't be satisfied unless you checked on the skeleton... But did you really want to bother him? Shaking your head, you pushed against your concern to allow him to sleep. As you made your way into the restroom, you glanced at the mirror. A yelp of shock escaped your lips as you saw the shade of your right eye a pure black and faint strips of color streamed within it. Upon further inspection, you finally realized that you could hardly see out of it due to all the welled up tears and the soreness of the surrounding tissue.

"Shit..." You muttered and carefully hovered a hand over it. "How the heck am I suppose to hide this?"

"Knock, knock." You heard a tired voice and the rustling of clothes lean against the door frame of the bathroom. With another yelp, you jumped away from the voice, finding Sans standing there with a cheeky smile. "Come on, kid. You're suppose to say 'who's there'."

"Oh gosh." You breathed out in a light chuckle and faced him, inspecting his weary face and drooping eyes. As much as you hated to even think about it, he looked adorable causing morning blushes to drown your cheek. "Who's there?"

"Cow's go."

"Cow's go, who?"

"Cows go moo, ya silly noodle." Sans laughed and ruffled your hair, causing your face to become bright red. All the nerves started to blur your common sense as you giggled at his joke. Suddenly, his hand reached out and took hold of your right cheek. He brought his face closer to your eye, now peering into the abnormal discoloration. "What happened to you?"

His voice was strained with concern as he slipped his fingers off your cheek. You hesitated a bit, quickly thinking over your options. 

"Uh- well...I think it's from yesterday." You mumbled nervously.

"Has this ever happened?"

"Well, I never used it as much as I did, so no." 

"Does it hurt?"

You shook your head and broke away from his stare. "Just a little sore."

He nodded and turned to leave the room, limping a bit as he did. 

"H-hey. Are you alright? You didn't need to come out here, you know." You said as you followed him outside the room.

"Yeah, I'm fine, and I wanted to. Besides, my room isn't that interesting." He chuckled and smiled at you. This smile of his wasn't like his other normal carefree grins but, more like a wall to mask something. You bit your lip nervously and nodded.