Strength Survives

A/N: DUE TO SOME CONFUSING MOMENTS IN THE X-MEN TIMELINE, THERE WILL BE MOMENTS WHERE I WILL CHANGE A FEW THINGS HERE AND THERE!

(Washington, D.C- 1974)

"When will I start, Professor?"

"You can start whenever you want to, Miss. Maximoff. I'll see you in school."

"See you in school, Professor." I retorted with a smile, before hanging up the phone. I turned around and saw my Mom and Peter look at me.

"Who was that, Wanda?" Mom asked.

"That was Professor Charles Xavier." I answered.

"The British guy?" Peter asked. I nodded.

"He wants to enroll me into his school for gifted people! Mutants, Mom! Like me. Like Peter." I explained excitedly. Mom gave me a small smile.

"And where is this school for the gifted?" Mom asked.

"Westchester, New York." I answered. Mom raised her eyebrows.

"New York? Wanda, I'm not sure about that." Mom said, about to walk away. I caught up to her, clutching her.

"Mom, please! I want to learn how to control my abilities! And at the same time, actually be a student at a school! Please, Mom! Please, please!" I begged, hugging her waist.

"Oh, Wanda!" Mom said, smacking her lips in annoyance.

"Please." I empathized, giving her the puppy eyes.

"Mom's not gonna fall for the puppy eyes again." Peter spoke from behind. I shushed him and turned back to her.

"Mom, think of it as me being the first or only twin to move out." I explained, saying the last part while looking at Peter. He rolled his eyes. Mom smiled a little.

"Mom, you know how bad I want to be able to control my abilities. Please, I need this." I continued seriously.

Mom looked at me and sighed. She gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Alright. Because you need it." Mom gave in. I squealed and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you, Mom! Thank you!" I shouted, laughing. Mom laughed. I pulled away.

"I gotta start packing! I have to go now!" I shouted happily.

"Wait! Can you get me some Twinkies?" Peter asked. I looked at him.

"You're fast. Go get 'em yourself." I scoffed.

"But my show's on." Pete whined motioning his head to the TV. I groaned.

"You got money?" I asked. Peter speeded to me, making a small gust of wind and my hair flew back. I looked at my hand and saw a folded five dollars. I shrugged.

"Okay, I'll be right back, guys!" I called, walking out the front door.

Little did I know, I shouldn't have walked out the door.

A/N: First chapter of the sequel! Hope you guys liked it!

Thank you for reading, my fellow mutants!

-A