Sweet Dreams

"Wanda, did you really have to make Scott stop at a gas station just so you can buy Yankee Doodles?" Jean asked.

We were driving back to the school in the yellow car we kindly borrowed from the Professor.

"Uh, duh! And the gas tank was running low on gas and Scott didn't know until we got there. So, he should thank me." I explained, then took a bite of a Yankee Doodle.

"Yeah, she's right if it wasn't for her, we would all be walking." Jubilee spoke.

"Or Kurt could teleport us back to the mansion." I added. "But then we'd get in trouble because we left the car in the gas station."

"Alright, alright. Thanks, Wanda." Scott waved me off with one hand while the other was still on the steering wheel.

"No problem, Diva Boy."

"That name is never going away is it?" Scott asked.

"Nope." I answered, popping the P. Scott chuckled.

"Hey, can you turn on the radio?" I asked Scott. He took his hand to the radio and turned it on.

"Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am I to disagree?"

I gasped.

"This is my song!" I exclaimed.

I then started dancing to the beat...badly by the way.

"Wanda. I thought you took dance class." Jubilee said, noticing my horrible dancing.

"I did! When I was three!" I admitted.

"Did you not see her at the mall? And I thought I was horrible." Scott commented.

"Wanda, you're very--"

A large booming sound quickly interrupted Kurt. I yelped as I looked at Jean with wide eyes. The sound was in the direction we were driving.

Something in the pit of my stomach made me feel like something was wrong.

"What the hell was that?!" Scott yelled. I shook my head.

"I don't know. Scott, drive faster." I answered.

And that's what he did. He floored on the gas pedal and sped up.

We drove down the pathway to the school.

"Oh my god!" Jubilee shouted.

There was nothing but erupting smoke and rubble that replaced the once standing school.

I covered my mouth in shock.

That was the loud boom we heard. The school exploding.

I saw Hank, Raven, and a woman I've never seen with all the students outside looking at what's left of the school.

I noticed one other person among them. Someone that I knew in particular.

"Peter!?"