Back To School

Hank placed my luggages, my box full of my pictures and other belongings into the trunk of his car.

Mom, Peter, Lorna and I were in the front porch, saying our goodbyes.

"You be good in school, okay? I don't want a call saying that you got in trouble." Mom said in a teasing manner, poking my nose. I scrunched my nose.

"Mom, I'll be fine." I assured her with a smile. She furrowed her eyebrows and smiled.

"Oh, my baby's moving out." Mom said with a smile.

"Yeah. You better hope to God that Peter does too." I joked.

"Okay, yeah, I'm right here, y'know?" Peter spoke in an offensive tone. I stuck out my tongue as our Mom laughed, before pulling me into a hug.

"I love you, Honey." Mom whispered. I felt her kiss my cheek and I squeezed her tighter.

"I love you too, Mom." I replied. I pulled away and stood in front of Lorna. She's fourteen now. Huh, how times flies. The once little girl who always asked me to play 'House' with her and watched as Peter carried her on his back, was now close to my height and talks to me about boys and gives me somewhat attitude.

"Be good and take care of Mom, okay? And annoy Peter for me while I'm gone." I informed her.

"You don't have to tell me twice." Lorna smiled.  Her eyebrows perked up as she spoke. "Also, can I have your room?"

I sighed, pinching my chin. "Uh, let me think. No, not gonna happen."

Lorna rolled her eyes with a scoff. "You're no fun." I chuckled and hugged her.

"I love you, Lor."

"Love you too, Wanda." I pulled away and stood in front of Peter.

God, this goodbye is gonna suck.

"You'll be okay, right?" I asked.

"Pft! I'll be better now that you're not gonna be here!" Pietro joked, then chuckled. I raised an eyebrow.

His smile slowly faded and a defeated sigh came out of his mouth.

"No. No, I won't be okay. You're my twin, Wanda. You know how we both feel every time we're apart from each other for more than like ten minutes." Pietro answered.

"I know. Twin telepathy." I joked with a small smile. Peter nodded.

"Pete, you can call me everyday if you want to. We're still gonna be there for each other." I continued. Pietro smiled.

"Okay, now you take care of Mom and Lorna. And don't do dumb shit, please." I said, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Dude, I'm twelve minutes older than you. Why are you telling me what to do?" Pietro asked. I rolled my eyes and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Because I can, Stupid. And there has to be one mature twin out of us." I replied, rubbing his back. I felt him sigh.

"Have fun...learning stuff." Pietro spoke. I pulled away.

"I will. I love you, Pete."

"Love you too, Wanda."

I smiled and walked down the stairs. I stood in front of Hank.

"Ready to go?" Hank asked. I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready."

Hank got to the passenger side of his car and opened the door for me. I got in the passenger seat and put on my seat belt.

Hank walked around the car and got in the driving side. I looked out the window and saw my family. I gave them a smile and waved to them. They waved back.