Children of Magnus

TW: Mention of the Holocaust

   It's been six months since I enrolled into Professor Xavier's school. Not only this has been an amazing school to me, but this has definitely been my second home. I already felt comfortable. I felt immediately welcomed here by the others and it helped a lot.

I've met a lot of the students here and they've been really nice. Better than the ones at my regular school before I left! And the little ones are so adorable, asking me to play with them here and there. I've been already told I'm like 'The big sister' to most of them.

The two people that I have been mostly close to were Jean and another girl, Jubilation Lee. Though, she'd rather be called Jubilee. This girl is more mall obsessed than me and I love it!

I met Jubilee a few hours after I talked with the professor. We bumped into each other, she saw my post-crying face and cheered me up by giving me an ice cream float from the kitchen. She's the friend that hypes people up for anything. She's very into the fashion game, usually sporting a bright yellow jacket.

She can also produce fireworks! Yeah, you heard me, fireworks! Well, logically speaking, they're pyrotechnic energy blasts but she loves calling them 'fireworks' instead.

Jean has always been there for me. When I got to the school, she showed me around, what time the classes were, when we have free time, lunch, etc.

And sometimes, Charles and Hank help me control my abilities. There's been some good days and there's been bad days.

Today, I'll determine what type of day I have with today's session.

Professor Xavier, Hank, and I were outside in an empty field near the school. Jean was also there for support. She was sitting with her back against the tree, reading a book and eating an apple.

"Alright, Wanda. Can you try your bouncing blast one more time?" Hank asked, looking at his clipboard.

"Uh, yeah. Sure." I answered, slight nervousness in my voice. I looked over at Jean, who gave me a smile and a thumbs up in return.

I let out a breath and walked to the center of the field.

"Okay, Wanda, I want you to concentrate! Open your mind!" Professor called out to me.

"Okay!" I responded. 

I closed my eyes, rubbing my hands.

Open your mind. Don't think about anything but your abilities.

I breathed in and breathed out.

I let out my hand as I flexed my fingers, the energy sphere with wisps forming around them.

I flicked my hand forward and the scarlet red mixed with a faded Ruby pink sphere quickly flew out.

My eyes darted around, following the sphere as it hit a tree, before bouncing off and hitting another tree, then another tree, and then another, to the point where the hex was going to the tree that Jean was leaning on.

My eyes widened.

"JEAN, DUCK!" I screamed.

Jean's eyes widened and she quickly ducked right before the sphere shot into the tree, marking a burnt spot in the middle where Jean's head could have been.