Long Time, No See

Hank walked me to a door with 'Professor Charles Xavier' placed on the front.

"He's in there." Hank informed me. I nodded and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

I smiled at the gentle British voice on the other side of the door. I opened and walked right in.

There he was.

Professor Charles Xavier sitting on his wheelchair, looking at the children playing basketball outside his window.

I closed the door, making him look at my direction.

He smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face.

"Wanda Maximoff! Long time, no see, My child!" Charles exclaimed.

"Charles Xavier. Or should I say, Professor Charles Xavier now, or Professor Xavier. Ooh! How about Professor X?!" I asked.

Professor chuckled.

"Anyway you seem fit is alright."

I threw my head back in amusement. My mouth stretched into a large smile as I walked over to him, leaning down and embracing him in a big hug. He felt so warm and smelled very minty.

"It's great to see you again, Professor." I spoke with much relief. I pulled away and noticed his hair.

"Love the new hairstyle, Professor." I commented. "Going with the trends."

"Well, it is the eighties. Don't wanna be going bald now, do we?" He replied.

"Eh, you might look great with either! Who knows?" I answered with a shrug

"Time will tell, Wanda." Professor Xavier said, motioning his hand to an empty chair in front of his desk.

I sat on the chair and looked at him.

"How have you been Wanda?" Professor asked. I let out a breath.

"I feel pretty great. I just put my belongings in my room. I met my roommate, Jean Grey!" I explained.

"Ah, Jean. One of my favorite students. Don't tell the other children." Charles joked, causing me to chuckle. "You know, I took Jean in when she was only eight years old."

"Wow." I raised my eyebrows. "That's a long time. Do you mind if I ask why?"

"No, not at all." He started, shaking his head. "Her and her parents were in a horrible car accident. Jean was the only survivor in the crash."

My lips slightly parted as I thought of Jean. This girl has been here most of her life. This is basically her home.

"You've practically been raising her." I stated sadly. "You raised her well. She's a sweet girl and she's cool."

"She is." He smiled, then furrowed his eyebrows. "And how have you been these past seven years?" He asked. I looked at him. I immediately twisted the golden ring around my index finger.

"I...guess I have to say the truth or you'll read my mind?" I asked.

"With your permission, that will be possible, yes." Professor answered. I sighed. I closed my eyes, bit my lip.

"I'm...I'm not okay, I guess. No guess at all, actually. It's just after that night, I can't help blame myself everyday for that. My mom said that it was to defend myself. That what I did wasn't intentional! Yes, I did protect myself. But in the end, I killed them! I killed them. They were people. I've...never killed before."

I opened my eyes. "But at the same time, it wouldn't have happened if they didn't do what they did. What they were going to do."

I felt the deep hum starting to rise. No. No. I clutched my hands together.

It was they're mistake to come after you! Admit it!

"Oh Wanda." The Professor sighed. as soon as he spoke, the hum suddenly disappeared and the voice was gone. I let out a breath of relief and felt the tears streaming down my cheeks.

"I spent these past years in my house. Afraid. Afraid of hurting people I care about. Afraid of hurting both mutants and humans. I'm afraid of myself. I don't know what I'm capable of, Professor." I continued shakily, laying my eyes on him. "I'm scared to find out."

"Wanda, just because that happened, does not mean that you're a danger to us. It was out of your control. You did not do that on purpose." Professor explained, wheeling towards me.

"Exactly! Out of my control. I couldn't control it! I can't control my abilities! No matter how hard I try! I feel like I'm gonna hurt people." I spoke. I couldn't stop the shaking in my voice. "I could hurt more people."

"Wanda, Darling, that's why you're here. Hank and I can help you, we will help you. You're not alone, Wanda. We'll get through this together." Charles assured, gently squeezing my hand. I wiped my stinging eyes and gave him a faint smile. I can tell he was saying the truth. He wants to help me.

"Thank you." I whispered, standing up. The Professor took a couple of tissues from the box on his desk and handed them to me.

"You don't need to thank me. Now, you can go back to your room and unpack. Later, we can sort out your classes." Professor explained with a smile.

"Can I have a few classes with Jean?" I asked innocently, wiping my nose with the tissue. He chuckled. "I'd like to see a familiar face in class."

"Of course. Just don't distract each other a lot. You're still here to learn." Charles answered with slight strictness.

I smiled, opening the door.

"Thank you, Professor."

I'm gonna enjoy it here. No doubt about it.

A/N: The sweet reunion between Charles and Wanda!

Also, Wanda will find out that Erik is her dad next chapter! Get ready!

Thanks for reading, Lovelies!

-A