Follow The Bloody Red Road

Oh my God.

"Oh my God." I murmured. "Oh my God."

Logan. What did they do to you?!

My mouth was agape in shock. He didn't look like the Logan I knew before. He looked animalistic. He was full of rage and anger. It wasn't him at all...

"Fire!" One of the soldiers shouted, before they started shooting at him. I shrieked.

"Wanda!" Jean shouted, pulling me next to her. I heard Logan scream with immense rage. A second later, I heard Logan's claws dig into their flesh along with the screams and cries of the guards. I let out a yelp of fear and quickly grabbed a hand. I turned around and saw that it was Kurt's. We all got up and saw the bloody bodies of the soldiers.

"Oh my god." I gasped as I covered my mouth. Blood splattered all over the walls as if we just walked into a horror house.

No. How is this the works of my friend?!

"You sure he's not an animal?" Scott asked Jean. He, Jean, and Kurt walked over the bodies. I stayed behind and looked down at the bodies and all the blood pooling around them. I was too scared to move. I just wanted to stay here.

"Wanda! Come on!" I heard Kurt.

"There's so much bodies," I whispered in shock. "So much blood."

"Wanda, look at me!"

I slowly looked up and met Kurt's eyes. I could tell he was afraid too.

"Don't look down. I want you to look at me and walk to me." Kurt comforted. I swallowed and nodded. I took a breath before walking over the bodies. I heard the thick blood stick under my boots with each step I took. My lips quivered at the squelching sounds.

Kurt gave me nod and took my hand as helped me get over the bodies. We got across and met up with Jean and Scott.

"Where the hell did he go?!" Scott asked. I looked at him.

"Scott?" I spoke. He looked at me.

"J-Just follow the bodies." I informed as I panned down. Scott looked at the bodies.

"Right." Scott mumbled. We started to follow the bodies in order to get to Logan.

It was just like The Wizard of Oz but instead of following the yellow brick road, we were following a bloody red one.

We started running faster. I looked around and noticed blood splattered on the walls.

"Oh shit!" I whispered. This is something coming straight from a horror movie!

We ran to the right into a cave like room. We immediately saw Logan pushing a door, trying to get out.

"Logan!" I shouted.

He quickly turned around. Scott walked forward making Logan look at him angrily. Scott was about take off his glasses and fight as Logan was ready to pounce, but Jean grabbed his arm.

"Scott, wait!" She spoke. Jean and I walked forward.

"We can help you." Jean said in both mine and Logan's minds. Logan's claws went back inside his hands.

"Jean." Scott said.

"Wanda." Kurt whispered.

"I'm alright, Kurt." I assured him, then looked at Logan.

"Logan? Do you remember me?" I gently asked, hope filling my voice. He looked at me. His eyes showed pure confusion and slight anger.

No. He didn't.

"What did they do to you?" I asked. I felt my eyes start to sting and my lips quiver. He doesn't deserve this.

Jean placed her hands on Logan's helmet, but Logan harshly grabbed her hand.

"Logan! She's okay! Let her help you!" I assured. He looked at me, before slowly letting go of her hand. Jean gently took off his helmet and dropped it in the ground. She then placed her hands on the side of his face. Jean closed her eyes, as did Logan's.

A few seconds later, they opened their eyes. Logan looked at her in slight shock. He took out the two nails out of his body. I saw his torso heal in seconds. He then unclipped a strap that carried the little metal box around his abdomen.

Logan looked at Kurt, who looked back in slight fear. He then looked at Scott, to Jean, and then to me. He squinted his eyes.

His eyes showed if he was trying to remember.

Did he remember me?

I stepped forward. Logan shook his head then quickly ran out of the door, and into the cold snow. My eyes widened.

"Logan, no!" I shouted, but it was too late. He was gone into the freezing woods .

"Did you know him?" Scott spoke.

"He's...He was an old friend." I answered, looking out into the snow. I quickly wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"Jean, what'd you do to him?" Scott asked.

"Found a piece of his past and gave it back to him. Just a few memories I could reach." Jean answered.

I guess I wasn't in one of those memories.

Jean, Kurt and Scott walked up and stood next to me.

"Well, I hope that's the last we've seen of that guy." Scott said. I gave a half-smile.

"No, Scott. It's probably not the last." I spoke.

Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows at this point?

A/N: So sorry for the late update! And that it's so short! It's just I'm still in school so yeah.