✗Parabatai

The room was was filled with nothing but silence. You replaced your head from the eldest Lightwood his bare chest as you placed yourself straight up in his bed, the covers around your naked body. Glancing over at the archery boy who made you chuckle at the sight of him still fast asleep.
You picked up your clothes from the floor as you pulled them over your head, putting your hair together into a messy bun. This was your daily morning routine, finding yourself in your Parabatai his bedroom every morning as you both ended every night passionately.
Yes, your Parabatai.
Being in love with your Parabatai was wrong, so wrong. Leave alone being in a serious relationship with him.
It all started with some typical, basic flirting but it rapidly followed with secret rendezvous that ended with heavy make out sessions. So you could definitely tell that your Parabatai bond turned into a romantic one, which was of course stictly forbidden by The Clave.
You scanned Alec his bare chest, your eyes falling on his Parabatai rune as it was a painful reminder that you shared the same one. Making you only feel worse about this secret relationship.
You sneaked out of your boyfriend his bedroom as you closed his bedroom door "Y/n?"
You cursed to yourself as you turned around, facing a frowning Clary "Morning." You flashed her a fake smile.
"What are you doing in Alec his room?"
"Alec?" You turned to his door, acting odd "Lightwood?" You waved you hands "That's not Alec his room, that's Izzy's room." You lied.
"Y/n?" Clary folded her arms as she raised a brow.
"Okay, you caught me." You held up your hands in defense "We are planning a surprise party for Simon." You made up.
"Simon?" She questioned "Why does he needs a surprise party?"
"For becoming a supernatural creature." You shrugged your shoulders.
"Funny." She pursed her lips "I'm watching you." She narrowed her eyes at you, before walking away.
"I'm watching you." You mocked as you made your way to your own bedroom.
Even though Clary was new to all of this, she was the first one to know that something was up between you and Alec. She was suspicious from the first day that she came to this institute and she still tries to figure out what exactly is playing between you and the eldest Lightwood.
You honestly didn't cared if she found out, she maybe even already did but it was too late anyway. Your family was already busy planning your wedding that was finding place at the end of this month. They betrothed you with some random guy back in Idris.
You and Alec tried to spend as much time with each other as possible, not losing each other out of sight for one second. Both too stubborn to face the reality, a reality you both just didn't want to face. You were going to marry a guy you barely knew and barely talked to, having the pressure of keeping your family name in honor as you're forced to build a future with this unknown man.
"Y/n?" Izzy her voice made your thoughts snap back to reality "Hello, earth to Y/n." She snapped her fingers in your face.
"Yes?" You replied with a tone of annoyance in your voice.
"What do you think?" She guided you to the table in front of you "Red or Gold?" She hopefully turned back to you.
"I-"
"Just what I thought." Izzy cuts you off "Red it will be, your dress is already gold." She walked to the other side of the room as you simply followed her "What about the flowers?" She pointed out to the divers flowers in front of you.
"Izzy I'm not really in the mood for this." You honestly confess as she rolled her eyes.
"You're getting married." She takes your hands in hers "We didn't have a wedding in ages." She smiled at you "And."
"And?" You arched a brow.
"I'm throwing you a bachelor party."
"A what?" A deep voice behind you creeped into the conversation.
"A bachelor party." She smiled at her brother who appeared next to you.
"She doesn't need that." Alec clenched his jaw.
"I would almost think that you're jealous big bro." Isabelle raised a brow as Alec rapidly cleared his throat.
"No." He scoffed "I-I." He stuttered "She's marrying someone she doesn't know." He exclaimed "As Parabatai it's our job to protect each other."
"Keep that in mind." Isabelle her face turned serious "You are each other's Parabatai." You bit the inside of your cheeks as you had a feeling that Izzy knew what was going on between the two of you "Nothing more."
"This whole wedding thing, is going to your head." Alec snarled "I'm out." He walked away, leaving you alone with your best friend.
You bit your lip as you face the sister of your Parabatai "You really didn't thought you both could get away with something like this?" She pursed her red lips "How long?" She asked.
You lowered your head as you avoided eye contact as you desperately sighed "I love you." You met her gaze "But this is wrong." She harshly states "if The Clave finds out about this, you both will get stripped down of your runes and-."
"I know." You took a sharp breath "I know."
"I'm on the edge of losing everything." You eyed her "I'm getting married." You state in disgust "I don't even love this guy." You whimpered "I'm moving back to Idris and I'm leaving all of this behind, all the memories I've made for the past couple of years." You exclaimed "Leaving everyone I love behind, you and Jace."
"Alec." Izzy adds as you closed your eyes, nodding your head.
"Alec." You repeat in almost a whisper.
What was the point of all of this?
Marrying a random guy as another one already had your heart and leaving this place that feels like home, for another one that never will be. You had no choice but to marry this man. Your family had high expectations for this wedding, they didn't care about your happiness. They only cared about their own wealthy and the family name.
You were currently in your bedroom, placed on your bed as you stared in between the clock and your suitcase the you just had made. You watched the clock passing all his numbers as you sighed with every hour that passed.
"Y/n?" The door opened as it revealed Alec.
"Hi." You quietly greet him as he shot you a weak smile.
"Can't believe you're leaving." He glanced over at your packed suitcase as you shook your head, not wanting to believe it yourself.
He walked over to you as he placed himself on your bed, his face inches away from yours "I hope he makes you happy." A flash of hurt crossed his eyes "Even though, I'm not the one."
You closed your eyes as a tear slipped out of the corner of your eye, making him place his forehead against yours "It's okay." He whispered.
But it was not.
Reality finally hit you and it hit you like a train "This is not what I want." You start to sob as Alec tried to wipe away your falling tears.
"Don't cry." His eyes started to water up, making it even worse for you "Please."
"It's you." You whispered as Alec licked his lips "It's always been you." He started to caress your face as you closed your eyes by his touch, sending shivers down your spine "I love you."
"I love you Alec."
He didn't hesitate for a second before placing his lips on yours, making you place your hands around his neck "I love you too." He muttered against your lips.
You enjoyed every second of the kiss as you knew in the back of your head that this was one of the last ones "Let's get out of here." You removed your hands around his neck as you looked back at him shock "What do you say?" His chocolate brown eyes meeting yours.
"Right here, right now." He removed himself from the bed, making you widen your eyes.
You were scared.
And it wasn't because Alec proposed something ridiculous like this. No, you were scared because you were ready to leave with him without any doubt.
No questions, no packing, no goodbye.
"Let's go." Alec reached his hand out for yours.
You both walked with your fingers intertwined out of your bedroom, trying to be as quiet as possible "Never thought I would see my brother break the rules for a girl." You both jumped up, being faced with Izzy.
"Izz-"
"Don't." She softly cuts you off, before pulling you both into a group hug "Be careful."
"It's okay." He states "We're together."
Alec didn't said "we're okay." or "we're alive." after everything you both went through, he just said 'We're together." and that assured you that you made the right decision cause you both were indeed finally together.
You didn't cared about the consequences or what was going to happen next nor about both of your families being disappointed in you two. Your mind was only set on the eldest Lightwood, cause you knew that you would make it through.
Together.