Demon Burn Part 1

"(Y/N) Isabelle Ashhawk-Lightwood you better not be playing with my Stele!" Alec bellowed when he saw your disintegrated bedroom door.

"When you say playing?" You asked him with the Stele tucked in your hands behind your back.

"You're going to tell me you don't have it when I can clearly see that?" He jabbed his finger towards the cuddly toy you'd been drawing on which was now producing water.

"It's a Mundane toy,They're  coming up with lots of new stuff so how do you know it's not supposed to do that?" You grinned despite that fact that Alec sighed and rolled his tongue over his teeth.

"Why did you and Max get kicked out of school?" Alec asked in his most condescending tone.

"Max set fire to the school and I got in a fight so your point here really isn't going to apply to me." You hummed, jumping backwards slightly when he pointed his Stele at you.

"I don't need you behaving badly while Valentine is at large." He glared at you a little longer before vanishing into the hall ways.

This, by far, was the worst idea you had ever come up with. Despite only being three years older than Max you were determined to show everyone you weren't the tiny kid sister of the older Lightwoods. This is how you ended up face to face with one of the most poisonous demons know to Shadowhunters.

"I can do this; I can do this." You hum to yourself as you rolled past it's stinger and flipped over its body before its teeth could find your flesh.

Getting out of the old building was your only option so you began looking for ways out while Avoiding attacks, you spied a window a few feet above you and you jumped while gripping onto a broken pipe.

"Come on (Y/N) you can do it." You whispered to yourself as you reached the window and pushed.

It didn't budge. You tried again but still it wouldn't open, you shrugged off one sleeve of your jacket and wrapped it around your hand and tried to smash it open. Which was when a screeching cry sounded from just behind you and the hairs on your whole body stood on end.

"(Y/N)?" Alec's frantic voice called out. You relaxed knowing Alec would get you out, however relaxing was the worst thing you could do, losing your footing you dropped and dangled dangerously high and within the demon's reach.

There was a burst of black blood and gold sparks along with a searing pain that had your body shaking and you had no choice but to go limp. Alec caught your heavy body with a frown, thinking that you were playing a game until he felt something burning his arm causing him to hiss.

He tugged your shirt up just enough for him to see the demon's stinger protruding through your abdomen. You tried to speak but found warm liquid blocking your words making Alec's eyes widen as he realized just how badly you were hurt.

"It's gonna be ok, I'm calling Jace... FOR RAZIEL'S SAKE JACE WHILE YOU'RE OFF PLAYING WITH CLARY (Y/N) COULD BE DIYING WILL YOU PICK UP?" Alec's voice cracked as he hung up and looked back to you.

"...Hurts..." You chocked making Alec's eyes water.

"I know (Y/N) but I'm here and I always look after you right?" You nodded at you brother and began to close your eyes. "No... no... come on look at me (Y/N)!"

Alec's hands were shaking, there was no way Izzy could get anyone here in time to help you, he always prided himself on keeping you safe on his watch and this time he'd let you slip out of the Institute without so much as a weapon.

The black veins flowing with demon blood slowly rose across your skin telling Alec that he needed to do something about it now. He knew the weaker rune used on Shadowhunter children wouldn't cut it but of he gave you any other healing mark you could die without your angelic rune which you were only a few school terms away from earning.

He took a deep breath, if he left you he did nothing to try and save you but if he drew the rune, you'd only last maybe a few hours without medical help and you'd be in no position to move. He sighed and pulled out his Stele and flipped it in his hands before making his decision.