✗High School

"Izzy don't." Alec threats as his sister tried to muffle through his hair "Izzy, I said-"
"Finished." Isabelle proudly states as you turned to the Lightwood siblings "And?" Izzy hopefully eyed you as you looked down at your boyfriend.
"Not bad." You giggled.
"What am I even wearing?" Alec looked down at himself in disgust.
"That's a baseball jacket." Izzy points out to the jacket he was wearing "Look." She points at the logo that was placed at his left chest "It's the school logo, this makes you look like a typical popular school jock."
"A what?" Alec frowned.
"Never mind." Izzy flipped her hair before turning to you "I'm quite amused with this mission." She devilishly smiled.
"It's just for a week." You rolled your eyes at your best friend.
"A whole week, acting like a Mundane." Alec mutters "Running around like an ant, being boring."
"Hey, we're not that boring." Simon appeared in the doorway.
"Who invited the vampire?" Alec mocked.
"Seriously?" Simon walked over to all of you annoyed "The school you guys are going undercover, is my old high school." He proudly smiled "I'll make sure you guys fit in." He turned to you, frowning "How are you going to explain the weird tattoos?" He refers to your runes.
"Runes." Izzy smiled "And don't worry, I already got that covered."
"Please make sure no one gets hurt." Simon eyed you, probably referring to Alec and his love for the human world.
"It will be fine." You smiled at him as you were placing some random books in the school bag that you were preparing.
"You sure?" Alec mumbled as you just bluntly ignored your moody boyfriend.
A demon disguised as a teenager was terrorizing Clary and Simon's old high school. Jace, Clary and Izzy being too busy with Valentine and The Mortal Cup, left you and the naive Lightwood for this mission.
You didn't mind, you honestly looked forward to this mission, you always questioned yourself how being a Mundane would feel like. Being a Shadowhunder is a life full of action and mythical creatures, so you're curious about the normal life out there.
Unlike Alec of course.
"So what's the deal with this?" Alec besides you looked at the school map you both just got.
"The word itself explains it." You took the paper out of his hands "School map." Your eyes daze over the small paper "Here." You point out "That's where we are now."
"It's actually impressive how many people can fit in here." Alec mumbled.
"Remark my words, at the end of this mission you're going to love Mundanes." You teased him as you got his famous eye roll in response.
Alec his head shot direction a whistle sound as two male students passed the both of you, their eyes set on you "What the-"
You rapidly placed your hand on your boyfriend his chest as you stopped him from breaking those guys their noses "Alec." You whispered "It's okay."
"No it's not." He gritted through his teeth "You're not a dog." He clenched his jaw "I swear if I hear one-" Alec luckily couldn't finish his sentence as the school bell rang.
"Saved by the bell." You weakly smiled at him.
Alec firmly placed his hand on your waist as he pulled you closer "Alec don't-"
He ignored you as he crushed his lips on yours "Be careful." He mumbled against your lips.
"I will." You confirmed "Remember, when you see something suspicious don-"
"Don't immediately kill them, cause Mundanes are weird creatures." Alec sighed "I get it." He kissed your forehead.
You walked towards the opposite direction as you eyed your school map, Simon both signed you and Alec up for different classes so the two of you could keep an eye on divers students at the same time.
"This is Y/n, she and her brother are coming whole the way from Sydney." The teacher said as you were awkwardly standing in front of the class "You can take place next to Grayson." He points out to an empty seat next to another student.
You awkwardly walked direction the empty seat as you placed yourself on the chair "Hey." The guy greeted you.
You eyed him as he was quite good looking "Hi." You shyly replied.
Not going to lie, for the past couple of hours you were literally staring at the teacher in front of you blathering about things you never heard about in your entire life. You tried to show some interest by taking some notes but that was quite it, you literally didn't understand a thing.
"This is Liam, Nina and Ashton." Grayson next to you spoke "This is Y/n guys." He introduced you to his friends "She comes all the way from Sydney."
"Really?" The blond guy asked "Me too." He widely smiled at you as his thick accent creeped up.
You cursed to yourself as you were mentally hating on Simon right now, why the hell did he made you come from Sydney. You barely spoke with an accent, leave alone you could talk with an australian one.
"Who's that." The girl, you guess named Nina exclaimed as her eyes were laid at someone behind you "He's hot." She bit her lip as you turned around, facing the one and only Alexander Gideon Lightwood.
"Oh, that's your brother right?" Grayson next to you smiled.
"Uh, yeah." Your eyes met Alec his gaze as you rapidly turned back around, avoiding him to make a scene.
"He's coming." Nina shrieks "How's my highlight?" She hopefully asked.
"What's a high-"
"Hey, I'm Nina." The girl blinked her eyes at someone behind you as you could feel Alec his presence.
"Can I talk to my sister please?" Alec his deep voice made you bite your lip "Now." Alec placed his hand on your shoulder.
"Nice to meet you guys." You sweetly smiled at all of them, before Alec practically dragged you out of the canteen.
"What are you doing?" He muttered.
"What am I doing?" You raised a brow "What are you doing." You looked at him "I'm the one making new friends and trying to fit in."
"So am I." Alec scoffed as your eyes fell on his lips.
"What happened?" You refer to his lip that was bleeding.
"Thanks to Simon, I'm part of this Mundanish sport where they are all fighting over a stupid deformed ball."
"Football."
"How do you know?" He questioned.
"Simon told me about it." You casually explained.
Alec shook his head as he heavily sighed "Did you see something or anyone suspicious?"
"No." You confessed as he clenched his jaw.
"We need to find this demon." He states "We can't trust anyone, it could be one of your new friends for all we know."
"They're fine."
"So was Hodge and look how that ended." He mocked.
"I get your point but we can't all treat them like enemies." You reason "Let's just try to fit in here and make some good connections."
"Whatever." Alec replied as he walked away, shoving your shoulder.
Your last class of the day just ended as you were the last one who was ready to leave the classroom "Y/n?" You looked up as you faced Grayson.
"Tell me if this is too soon but maybe we could get a drink sometime?" He brightly smiled at you.
"I don't really-" You were cut off by the classroom door that flew open, a male student his body was thrown across the room as the body landed on the teacher his desk in front of you.
"What the fuck?" Grayson besides you said in shock.
You turned to the door as it revealed your not so happy boyfriend with the veins showing in his neck "W-what happened?" You slowly walked over to him.
"I was waiting for you as I heard this guy talking about you to his friends."
"You know about that drink...." Grayson grabbed his bag "My ass being kicked by an overprotective brother is so not worth it." He speeds out of the classroom, leaving you and Alec with this harmed guy.
"Let's just go back." You sighed as Alec turned to you "We can ask The Clave to take over this mission."
"Why?" Alec scoffed.
"This is obviously not working." You state in an obvious tone as you nod your head direction the guy on the teacher his desk, still unconscious.
"Not my fault these Mundanes never learned any manners."
"Okay." You take the eldest Lightwood his hands in yours "We're definitely turning this mission over."
"You sure?" Concern was formed in Alec his eyes.
"Yes." You nod "To be honest, being a Mundane is quite boring." You looked around the room "Basically wasting your time sitting in a room for more than half a day."
"Let's go back." Alec intertwined his fingers in yours.
"What about..." You stopped in your tracks, turning to the guy still laying on the desk.
"Simon." Alec shrugged.
You expected more of this whole high school mission, you definitely appreciated being a Shadowhunter more now. This life was too boring for an adventurous person like you, you needed action and suspense in your life.
"So I guess being a Mundane didn't worked out." Jace smirked at you and his Parabatai.
"You disappoint me." Izzy sighed as she took some money out of her back pocket, handing it over to Jace.
"You bet on us?" You scoffed.
"Uh-uh." She flipped her hair "And now I lost, because my Parabatai and brother can't get along with each other at a simple high school."
"I already hate Mundanes, don't expect me to act like one." Alec mumbled.
"Guys." Simon his voice made you all turn to him "Mission failed." He eyed all of you "But you sort of remind me of the movie 'White Chicks', except for Y/n being a woman and the both of you certainly not being black."
"Why even?" Jace waved his hands as you and Izzy just giggled with Simon his typical weird movie theory.
"This is the last time we're asking a vampire for help." Alec bitterly states.