✗Contest

And again, the Parabatai brothers win!" Jace cheers as he and Alec did their handshake making you and Izzy heavily sigh.
"Girls, I love you but you're kind of losing." Clary softly states, earning two glares from the both of you.
"We know." Izzy bites her lip as the boys turned to you girls again.
"Don't cry little sister." Alec fake pouts "See this as a warming up for tomorrow if you lose again." He challenges as he and Jace both smiled "Or you can just admit that you were wrong and we are right."
"Never." Izzy snaps.
"Oh Izzy, you should use all that rage on the battlefield, you would maybe even have a proper chance to win tomorrow." Alec devilishly smiles before he and Jace both made their way out of the training room.
"BURN!" Simon cheers as he rapidly turned back serious as he saw that all the girls shot him a death glare, no pun intended "Okay... I.. will.. just..." He rapidly runs off.
"A vampire and still scared of getting his ass kicked." You state as Clary giggles.
"We never should've accept this stupid competition." Izzy whines "Of course they're going to win, they train more than they talk."
"C'mon Izzy, we still have tomorrow." You encourage her "We're going to take them down."
"I love your determination but don't forget it's archery tomorrow." She sighs "And my brother is quite handy with his arrows." She states "We can't lose, I refuse to lose."
Let's just keep it short, the guys challenged you and Izzy for their self made competition to defend their childish statement 'men are better than women'. Of course you and Izzy didn't hesistate for a second, trying to defend your gender and not letting the guys get away with their rude remarks about 'women being more weak'.
But as soon you both agreed to play this game with the guys, you both were faced with the truth. Not going to lie, the boys were good at defending what they thought was their title.
Yesterday it was all about who was the fastest, what was Jace of course. Today it was all about who was the strongest, what turned out to be your boyfriend Alec.
So tomorrow was your girls last chance to prove yourselves and put the guys back in place.
Both knowing that it was impossible, since it was going to be the hand-eye coordination. Knowing that Alec practically sleeps with his arrows under his bed.
You at the other hand, had never in your life held a bow in general as that goes the same for Izzy. Making you both obnoxious about losing this competition and getting to hear forever from your guy friends that you weren't as strong as they we were.
"We're not." You place your hands on your best friend her shoulders "We're going to slay this last one."
You and Izzy were both outside the institute as you guys were both trying your best to get your arrow in your target, what was easy said than done.
Hours went by as you both got pretty frustrated as the best you two got was 4 and mother nature not standing at your side as the wind was being a real pain in the ass.
"I'm done." Izzy throws the bow towards the ground "My freaking nail broke because of this thing." She whines "My hair is all messed up and I'm hungry." She looks at you "C'mon Y/n, let's get inside." She starts to warm herself up "It's getting pretty cold."
"No." You state "Go." You eye her "I'm going to practice some more." You smile at her as she sighs.
"Whatever you want." She mumbles as she rushes back inside The New York Institute, leaving you alone with your bow and arrows.
It was now 08.30 PM.
You were tired, cold, hungry and mad. But you weren't a quitter and wasn't planning on it anytime soon but you couldn't ignore the fact that it was getting worse with every arrow you released.
You span the bow, one more time before letting it go as the arrow speeded direction the target. Giving you 5, again.
"Not bad." You ignored the voice, concentrating on spanning the bow again "But it would help more if your body would stand direction the target." You felt two hands being placed on your waistline as you felt your boyfriend's warm breath in your neck.
"Just like that." He whispers as he slowly changed the position of your body, by carefully rotating your hips "Now." Alec pats your left leg to step forward as one of his feet was in between your left and right foot to create more space between the two of them "This is what you call a square stance." Your feet were now parallel from each other "Very important."
His hands wander to your back as he tried to flatten your lower back before his hands travel up to yours as he took the one you were holding your arrow with in his. "Keep the arrow between your index finger." He gestures.
His focus went now to your other hand, the one where you were holding your bow with "Try not to get the bowstring past your first knuckle, cause it would make it harder for you to release."
"Alright." He gently tilted your chin before slowly pushing down your shoulders "You have to keep the distance between your face and the bow." He softly lowered your arms, so your shoulders didn't hurt anymore "So you have a better view on your target."
"Now you span the bowstring all the way back." He placed his hand on the one where you were spanning your bow with as he muffled his fingers in yours "Set your back muscles." He shoves your elbow more behind you, so your index finger was at the corner of your mouth "Concentrate." He whispers "Lock your target." He states "Now slowly release." He let his hands slip off yours as you released the arrow.
"Stay in position." He firmly set his hands on your waist "You keep applying back tension until your arrow hits your target." Your eyes follow the arrow as you widen your eyes as the arrow you just released landed in the middle.
"See." Alec soflty speaks in your ear "Not that hard is it?"
You turned around as you were faced with your boyfriend's chocolate brown eyes "C'mon." He placed his hands on your hips "Try again." You nod as you turn around, going through every step that Alec just told you "That's right." Alec gently states "Now release again." And by your own surprising, you hit 10 again.
"Wow." You look at the sight in front of you as two of your released arrows were together stuck in the middle of your target.
"Try again." Alec his voice stated as he was losen his grip around your hips "One more time." He placed his soft lips on your sweet spot.
You inhale the fresh air, not wanting to lose your focus as you again went through all the steps that your boyfriend had just told you. From the moment you wanted to release the arrow, Alec began to suck on the sweet spot of your neck while his hands traveled under your top almost lifting it up.
You released the arrow as it hit the small point in the middle with the other two ones, making you smile as you saw them all three together in the smallest circle. Alec was by now not paying any attention anymore to your archery skills, his mind was somewhere else that still involved you but not standing here on this field.
"Let's get back inside, it's getting dark" He looks down at you, cupping your face with his hands "You feel cold, I should warm you up." He started the suck on your sweet spot again "C'mon."
The last thing you could do now was refusing your boyfriend who just helped you out. Besides, not that you could resist him anyway. You both made your way back inside. Ending your training session with another session in the bedroom.
"I don't want to lose." You pout, as you were currently laying on Alec his bare chest. The covers around your both naked bodies as you were both cuddled up against each other.
"It's not the end of the world." The naive eldest Lightwood states, drawing circles with his index finger between your bare shoulder blades.
"I know." You sigh "I'm just scared that's all."
"For what?" Alec shifts his position so he was now facing you.
"The whole thing about women being weak." You point out as Alec sighs.
"Jace and I are both messing around with you girls, don't take this serious." He takes your hands in his as he softly kisses them both.
"Maybe you and Jace are but the Shadow World isn't. It's not a secret that you men are praised more." You exclaim "I wished everyone would just treat us equally."
"I think you're pretty badass." Alec smiles "Who cares about what other people think as long you know what you're cabaple of, there's no one you have to prove it to." You look down as he lifts your chin up "Hey, listen to me." He softly demands "You know you're better than most of the men in here, don't get so fed up by everyone."
Your lips formed a small smile as you faced your boyfriend, You were theoretically enemies now as you both played for different sides. But you could care less cause you were happy that he didn't take this as serious as you thought he would.
"I love you." You smile at him.
"I love you too." He pulls you back closer to him as he kissed your forehead, both falling asleep in your cuddling position.
The next day, you and Alec both made your way outside the institute. Meeting Izzy and Jace who were already waiting on the both of you. Izzy frowned her brows by the sight of you and Alec walking over, hand in hand with your fingers intertwined.
"Okay." Jace starts "Let's sort this out, for once and all." You heavily sigh, turning to Alec as you felt him giving you an assuring soft squeeze in your hand.
"Good luck baby." He kisses your hand before letting it go.
"Yeah, cause your both going to need it when we-" Jace stops himself as your boyfriend was glaring at him "Good luck."
You walk over to Izzy as she gave you an 'I know what you did last night' look as you just ignored your Parabatai, focusing on winning this last competition.
"We're here!" Clary and Simon walk over to you guys as Simon had a bag of popcorn in his hands making you giggle.
As you guys started, Izzy was first up. Her highest score was 5 what surprised you, reminding yourself that she only got 4 yesterday. Jace was good at it but not as good as you thought he would be, his highest score was 8.
Now it was your turn, you got three shots to prove everyone that you could do this. You had to confess, even though this competition was just between you and the guys. You felt a huge responsibility like you needed to win this for all the other Shadowhunter women out there.
You breathe out, inhaling the fresh air as you closed your eyes. You slowly start to span your bow, turning your body direction the target. Creating some space between your feet as you lower the bow, so you had the perfect view of where the arrow needed to be.
You rapidly eye your boyfriend as he gave you an encouraging look, giving you the strength to put your focus back on the target in front of you. You concentrate, lock your target and slowly released the arrow as it hit 9.
"Damn." Izzy cheers as you were quite disappointed, expecting to hit 10. But you still had two more chances to hit the middle.
You repeat the same actions your boyfriend learned you yesterday as you got 8 this time, making you slightly getting irritated. You thought you could do this but your nerves got the best of you.
"C'mon." You plead to yourself as you were now at your final shot. You inhale deep as you slowly released the arrow, making it land on 6.
You bite your tongue as you were quite upset "That was so good." Izzy claps her hands, as you walk over to her side "Amazing." She exclaims as you gave her a small smile, feeling bad about not doing as great as yesterday.
In the meantime, Alec was already in his position to shoot the final arrows. You sighed, knowing he would get all three of them in the middle. You looked at him as he glanced over at you not giving you one expression on his face, before his focus went back to the target in front of him.
You looked at Alec his first attempt, what was surprisingly 6. "What the hell is he doing?" Jace at the other side besides you mutters.
Second time he released, he scored 5.
You were confused at this point, why was the best archery Shadowhunter doing such a bad job at this moment. If the wind was blowing, you could blame it on that but the sun was shining and the sky was clear.
"Alec I swear if you-" And from the moment, Alec turned to Jace as he released his final arrow, making it straight miss the target as everyone gasps.
"You were the one that was talking to me." Alec speaks with sass in his voice as he walks over to Jace.
"We won." Izzy whispers "We won." She repeats raising her voice "WE WON!" She starts to happily jump up and down.
You wished you could be as happy as Izzy but you were too focused on the scene in front of you "Why did you do that?" Jace snaps at Alec as he rolls his eyes "Fine, now we lost because of you." Jace storms off as Izzy makes chicken sounds after him.
"Thank you." You walk over to your boyfriend who was collecting all the arrows.
"For what?" He innocently asks, frowning his brows.
"Don't play dumb on me Lightwood, everyone knows you can hit the 10 with your eyes closed." You exclaim "Why?" You ask as he smirks.
"Because." He states as he picked the last arrow from the ground.
"Because?" You arch a brow.
"Because." He turns to you "If there's one thing in this entire world that I love more than winning." He placed his hands on your lower back, pulling you closer "It's you." He softly placed his lips on yours.
"WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIENDDDDD." Izzy loudly sings together with Clary and Simon by her side as you and Alec both looked at all of them together.
"Please don't make me regret my decision." Alec whines as you giggle.
"I won't." You state before locking your lips with his again.