✗"How Could He?"

He has lost his MIND!" Izzy frustrated paced back and forth "How could he." She snaps "I don't care our parents were circle members, he can't just send them back to Idris." She goes on "I bet Lydia talked him into doing such things." She turns to you "I don't even recognize my own brother." She gulps as you pull her into a hug.
"It's going to be okay." You whisper.
Everything and everyone was literally losing their minds, especially the eldest Lightwood. You know Lydia Branwell would shake things up but no one ever imagined the things that are going on right now in this institute.
"I'm so, so scared." Izzy whispers "He isn't Alec anymore."
Your heart broke, seeing your Parabatai like this. Cause every single living creature on this earth knows that Izzy would give her life for him. You never saw a love so strong and dedicated as hers, which made it even worse for you to see how your best friend was both physically and mentally being drained out by her own brother.
"I'm going to talk with him." You state as you face her "Telling him, that not everyone is putting up with his bullshit."
You rushed over to the training room as you saw Alec talking to Lydia, making you feel jealous and hurt mixed up with each other. Cause you didn't know what was worse, him losing himself or him losing himself at someone like her.
"Y/n." Lydia smiles as you enter the room "How's Izzy?" She sweetly asks.
"Don't." You state "Don't act like you care." You spit as she took a step back "You can come here and change everything about this institute." You point out "But you don't throw innocent people out."
"I didn't asked for this." She looks at you "I just have my orders to follow."
"I don't believe a single word that comes out of your mouth." You slowly state.
"Y/n." Alec snaps "Don't talk to her like that." You shot direction Alec.
You faced Alec as you just looked at this completely different brainwashed person. Everyone knows that Alec just wanted to protect this institute but no one expected him to go this far. You thought he hit the bottom by making these crucial decisions but you were wrong. He hit the bottom from the moment he proposed to Lydia.
It was no secret that you liked him, liking? no loving. You loved the eldest Lightwood with whole your heart, so much that it broke you to watch him destroy himself. Even though you wanted to believe him and wanted to support him, you couldn't.
You couldn't let your heart get in the way, he was in the wrong and you were one of the last persons that was able to talk some sense into the guy and let him see the damage that he had already done and he was going to do soon if he wasn't faced with the truth fast.
"Don't tell me what to do." You scoff "I'm not going to sit back watching you ruin this institute, your friendships and your life." You snap "You deserve the world Alec, everyone knows that but if I was you I would rethink some of the decisions you recently have made."
"Please." You lower your voice "don't." Your voice cracks "You know this is wrong Alec." You softly state as his dark brown eyes just stared blankly back at you.
"Y/n I need to do this." He states "I want to do this." He steps closer "Since Clary showed up, this institute turned into a disaster. Rules that should be followed, weren't followed at all and downworlders coming in and out in this institute like this is sort of a hotel." He snaps "I can't sit back and watch this institute lose his fortune." He explains "Together with The Clave, we can destroy Valentine, win the war and restore back the institute to his old self."
"And you think The Clave is interested in saving this institute." You fake smile "They're just as bad as Valentine, they only hide behind the law." You snap as you refer to Lydia "I love you." You state "Izzy and Jace do too." You rapidly ad them, before it looked like you were claiming your love in front of him and his fresh new fiancée.
"But this isn't you." You state "And you can believe that everything she's telling you, is right." You bite your lip "It isn't." You step closer towards Alec so your faces were both inches away from each other "And I hope you realize it before it's too late." You turn around, walking away from them both as you didn't care to look back.
Everyone already faced it and it was time for you to face it as well. Alec was gone and he wasn't coming back any time soon.
"Y/n?" You turn around, meeting Jace as he softly smiles at you "We're going to leave." He states.
"W-what?" You walked towards him.
"I don't." He pauses "I don't want to be here anymore, knowing that my Parabatai isn't fighting along my side." He states.
You looked at Jace as his eyes were sad and lost. He was done, complety done with everything. "You can come with us." He proposes "Please come with us, the girls need you." He states.
"I need you." Jace words hit you hard, knowing that he wasn't someone who would easily give up on anyone.
You were currently in your room, packing your bags as there were several knocks on your door "Come in." You replied.
"So it's true." You look up, facing Alec "You're really going to leave me."
"We can't leave you." You state "As we have already lost you." Alec clenched his jaw.
"Don't make this about me." Alec gritted through his teeth.
"Do you even know what you're doing right now?" You walk over to him "I know you can't stop all of this on your own but at least you can be reasonable and try to talk some sense into your fiancée."
It broke your heart, talking about anything that involved Alec his engagement. Cause at the end of the day, he was in love with someone else. Even though he told you several times that this marriage was only based on partnership, you couldn't handle the thought of someone else making him happy.
"You know Lydia, she doesn't listen." He states "She's only trying to do the right thing, just like me."
"Keep telling yourself that." You snarl.
"This institute-"
"Don't you understand?!" You raise your voice "We don't care about this institute, The Clave nor do we care about your freaking rules." You snap "We want to save the world, save humanity." You state "The only thing The Clave wants to save is themselves, they don't care about this institute or about you."
"I know that it feels like your whole life is one massive lie but you can't let the human world suffer under your personal conditions." You look him in the eyes "Alec believe me, I know you only do this to restore your family name and I know all your intentions are coming from a good heart but this is not the way to fix it." You sigh "It's only making everything worse."
"You don't understand a thing!" Alec snaps "Don't try to tell me what's wrong or right. You never got to hear every day of your life that you weren't good enough, that you didn't deserve to be a Lightwood." He barks "But I did." He states "And now, it's my time to show them that I'm worthy of owning the family name and that I'm not going to make the same mistakes as my parents made."
"I don't care that you think that I'm making the wrong decisions." He eyes you "My whole life I've been making decisions for everyone around me and now it's my time to make my own ones." He states "To choose my own path and to do what I want." He inhales "And if you don't understand that. Than that's the proof, right there why we will never work and Lydia and I do."
The tears stained in your eyes as your heartbeat was racing at this moment, not wanting to believe one word that Alec just had said.
"I'm going to restore this institute." He states "On my own terms."
"Rule with your mind, not with your heart huh?" A tear rolled down your cheek "That's what she keeps telling you, doesn't she?" You quietly exclaim "I don't know what your heart says but it's definitely not saying the same as mine." You wipe your tear off "If you want to shut down your feelings, that's okay but remember that you can't pretend for the rest of your life. Cause your heart will eventually speak and I hope that it makes you realize what you just lost."
"Screw you." He states "Screw you and your friends" He growls "Screw all of this." He turns around as he throws the door shut behind his back making you jump with the loud sound that came with it.
You closed your eyes as you couldn't take it anymore. All the stress, the pain, the emotions, everything you tried to ignore for the last few days that was building up inside of you. Came right back at you and turned into tears.
You lost Alec and there was nothing you could do about anymore. You had put every amount of strength that was left in your body, trying to change his state of mind and trying to face him with the truth but he didn't wanted to listen.
Making you realize that there was no turning back this time, your friends and you were stopping this war without him.
The part that this war was half against Alec broke you and you didn't know what was worse, that you lost him or that you started to lose yourself because of him.