✗Suprise

Y/n?" You hear the eldest lightwood his voice, you rapidly changed some quick glances with Jace as you both turned around facing a curious Alec standing at the doorway of your shared bedroom.
"Don't stop the conversation because of me." Alec sarcastically speaks as Jace cleared his throat while he's scratching the back of his neck, thinking of what he's going to say next.
Seeing the emotions on Alec his face, told you he wasn't happy at all. "I'm going to check up on Clary." Jace awkwardly speaks, not daring to look at his Parabatai as he made his way out of the room.
"What was that all about, huh?" Alec turns to you "Is there some secret mission I don't know about?" He walks over to you, looking you straight in the eyes.
"No." You replied al little too fast "I mean.." You pause, thinking to chose your words wisely cause knowing your boyfriend he would already be suspicious at this point "We were just talking." You answer.
"That's the point." He smirks down at you "About what?" He arched a brow.
Damn, does he always need to ask so many questions?
"About clary." You made up, what is an accurate answer knowing that Jace has a thing for Clary.
"Urgh." Alec rolls his eyes "I can't even hear that name anymore." He complains "Clary this, Clary that, Valentine, Mortal Cup, blah blah blah." He points out annoyed "That girl only gives us problems with The Clave leave alone the institute itself." He placed himself on your shared bed.
Your eyes follow him as he heavily sighs, making back eye contact with you. "My birthday is tomorrow." Alec slowly begins, as you start to get nervous in place "I'm taking the day off and you are too." He smiles at you.
Alexander Gideon Lightwood his smile is definitely going to be the dead of you "If that isn't a problem at least?" He arches his brows.
Think Y/n what can you say, you think by yourself. You can't decline cause he will be mad about it and he's already suspicious but you can't agree with it either cause he will probably plan a trip or something while you already planned a surprise party for him with Jace.
"Y/n?" Alec his voice snaps you out of your thoughts "You're quite distracted." He removes himself from the bed, walking towards you "Something is on your mind." He licks his lips "You should tell me."
"There's nothing." you replied, not trying to sound annoyed but utterly failed at that.
"Is it Jace?" He suddenly asked.
"What?" You look up.
"You guys seem to spend a lot of time with each other the last few days." You could already hear the jealousy in his voice.
"I don't know what you're talking about." You agrue.
"Typical." He shakes his head "I just got back from a fight against downworlders, the last thing I wanted was finding my girlfriend talking with my Parabatai in our bedroom at ten o'clock." He starts to raise his voice.
"Alec I-"
"You know what." He cuts you off "Screw this." He throws his hands in the air "Screw all of this." He snaps, walking out of the door hitting your shoulders.
You made a little jump as he threw the door shut behind him. Alec was known for his short temper but with you he could always take a lot, you just had a calm influence on him but at the end of the day was he was still Alec and still rapidly mad about the tiniest things and this was one of them.
You could understand where he was coming from but you only did all of this to throw him a surprise party.
You wanted to do something special this year with his birthday, so you asked Jace to help you out since he knows Alec the best. You two spended of course a lot of hours together, thinking about how to throw a perfect party for a moody Lightwood.
You guys didn't told Izzy cause we all know she can't keep her mouth shut. She's an amazing friend by heart but a bad secret keeper, especially when it comes to her big brother.
You were in doubt at this point, should you go after Alec and tell him that all of this was just for him or should you just call it a night hoping his hormones will settle down over night.
You went for the second one because running after Alec was no solution, you've been in that situation too many times before.
You made the last changes in the room you fully decorated with balloons and you called the one and only Magnus Bane for making some of his best cocktails to use at the party. Jace was on this moment looking for your boyfriend while you were waiting for Izzy, Clary and simon to explain your and Jace weird behaviour for the past few days.
"Is this what I think it is?" You turn around meeting Izzy in one of her beautiful dresses.
"What do you think it is?" You play along as she walks over to you smiling as she grabs your hands.
"Alec hates surprises." She exclaims before looking at Clary and Simon who were entering in the room.
"Nice job." Clary smiles at you "So this is where all the fuss was about." She speaks to her realisation.
"I'm so sorry guys but we thought the less people, the best we could keep it a secret."
"And with we you mean Jace?" Simon questions.
"Jup." You pop the 'p'.
"Are there things we can take care of?" Izzy spins around the room.
"Uhm." You think "Simon, can you play some tracks for tonight?" You sweetly ask, knowing he couldn't turn down your proposal.
"Sure Y/n." He smiles "I will play the track 'Forever Young." He jokes as the girls and you all kept a straight face "Too soon?" He quietly mumbles as all of you started to laugh.
"What's this?" You turned around meeting Alec his gaze, seeing he was still not fully cooled down.
"SURPRISE!" You and the rest scream in choir.
"Wait..." Alec looks between all of you "Oh." It finally it him "Is this for me?" He asks, guilt creeping up in his voice.
"Yes, Mr. Know it all." You walk towards him, pushing him lightly against his shoulder "Jace and I did this all for you." You smile thankfully at Jace while you mention him.
"Y/n I-"
"Save it." You playfully cut him off "The guests will be here soon." You announce as the rest of the group starts to get more excited.
Simon got up, looking for some tracks to play while Izzy was going back to her room trying to find the perfect dress for her brother's birthday party. Jace took Clary alone so he could do some explaining towards her for being so busy the last few days.
"Alright." Alec his voice echoes through the room "What do I do, so my beautiful girlfriend forgives me?" He gives you one of his famous smirks.
"Nah-uh." You put your hands on his chest so his face was out of your personal space "You mister I'm going to judge on my girlfriend, are not going to get off so easily." You try your best to keep your face straight.
"Babe I-"
"You know you're lucky it's your birthday today." You point out as he starts to smile.
"What is the worst thing you can do?" He questions "Put me on a birthday sex ban?" He playfully steps forward.
"You know that's actually not so a bad idea." You look at him as he did one of his famous eye rolls.
You went on your tiptoes and gave him a soft kiss on his lips as his hands were set around your hips not letting you go any time soon.
"The party begins." You whisper as you break the kiss.
He groans as you try to get out of his firm grip. "The party ends around four in the morning." You exclaim "Which means your ban will be over around that time." You turn to face him with a cheeky grin on your face.
Let's just say that Alec made sure that all the guests were send out around three in the morning at it least.