✗Lydia Branwell

If there was one day you could describe as your worse, it would be today. Aside from being a normal day in the Shadow World like every other one, this one put you in a bad mood. The Clave sended the one and only Lydia Branwell over, making everyone in this institute go crazy.
You never undersood the hype about this woman, so what if she is an envoy of the institute. You were a Shadowhunter as well and no one ever went crazy about you like that.
The worst part of all of this was that the guy you were madly in love with, was one of these persons who looked up at her. Only making you dislike her even more.
"Cheer up Y/n." Your best friend besides you smiles.
Isabelle Lightwood, she was your bestfriend and Parabatai. You were both inseparable, there was no one else in this institute that could make you smile like she did. Your beautiful best friend and you had always each others back, always supporting one and other and always gossiping about other Shadowhunters.
"I am." You bite as she rolls her eyes.
"Don't lie." She shakes her head "Is it Lydia coming over?" She looks at you "Or is it my brother, who has an obvious crush on her ." She teases.
"No, for the last time." You turn to her "I'm not in love with Alec." You lie "I just don't get what he sees in the girl." You state as she smirks.
"Jealous much?" She raises a brow.
"I'm not jealous."
"Keep telling yourself that." She cocky answers.
But the fact was that she was certainly right about the way you felt towards her brother. But who could blame you? He was one of the most dedicated Shadowhunters in here, always ready to go on a mission protecting the human world.
He was something and all the girls from in here and those back at Idris, throwing themselves at him could confirm that.
"There she is." Izzy speaks as you turn to the door, seeing her walking inside with already Alec next to her side, making you boil inside "Hey!" Izzy calls after you as you made your way out "Where you going?" You ignored her, preventing yourself from being in the same room as Miss Branwell.
"Y/n." Izzy runs after you "We just had the chance to meet one of the most badass women in the whole history of Shadowhunters."
"C'mon Izzy." You start "She isn't a historical figure." You snap as she sighs.
"Could you at least try to be nice to her?" Izzy proposes "She's probably going to talk to you since your family is well known."
"I don't care."
"Please, come with me." Izzy grabs your hands "I really want to meet her." She looks at you with her puppy dog eyes "Pretty please."
"Fine." You mumble as Izzy starts to smile, dragging you back to the central hall.
You already felt your stomach turn by the sight of Alec talking to Lydia as you wanted to turn around but your best friend was not letting you.
"They are coming." Izzy whispers as you turn around meeting Alec his gaze.
"Hey Y/n." Lydia softly smiles reaching out her hand as you just stare at it. Izzy rapidly covers you by shaking her hand with hers.
"I'm Isabelle-"
"Lightwood." She nods "Your brother over here told me about you and I heard about you due your parents."
"So." Lydia turns to me "I heard about you too." She smiles "Your family did an incredible job-"
"I know." You cut her off "I hear it everyday, you don't have to mention it again."
"Okay." She shortly replied, exchanging some glances with Alec "I'm going to take care of some business." She looks between you and Izzy "Nice to meet you both." She smiles before walking off.
You sighed, closing your eyes wishing she would disappear as you would open them back. "What the hell was that?!" You eyes flutter open as Alec was facing you.
"Do you know who she is?!" He asks "She's one of the most imp-"
"Please." You roll your eyes "I know who she is, you told me yourself several times as you couldn't shut up about her." You snap as you walk away, leaving the two Lightwood siblings behind you.
At this point you couldn't help yourself being so annoyed about everything and anyone who came in your way. You just wished Alec would've noticed you after all these years, crushing on him.
"Hey, I love you but I'm really getting tired of running after your moody ass." You turn around, meeting Izzy.
"I'm sorry." You mumble "I just-"
"I know." She smiles "He'll see it someday."
"What?" You widen your eyes "No Izzy I-"
"Please, I'm your best friend slash Parabatai." She smiles "And it's been quite obvious the past few months." You looked at her, not knowing how to react "Believe me Y/n there's nothing wrong with you, he's just being typical Alec. Too blinded by his dedication to the Shadow World, he just has a switch that's always on." She continues "Besides, you know how awkward my brother is when it comes to women. He even gets nervous around me and I'm his sister." She exclaims "He rules with his head and forgets to rule with his heart."
"Izzy I-I." You blankly stare at her as she pulls you into a hug.
"I love you." She whispers "And if my brother is too blinded to see that the most gorgeous girl is already standing right in front of him, than that's his loss."
"I love you too." You replied back.
"C'mon." She locks your guys arms, "Let's eat our feelings away with food." She jokes as I smile at her, walking by her side.
You and Izzy went back to her room, eating like she said... all your feelings away. Not making you feel any better but still making you happy with a best friend like her by your side.
There were several knocks on the door as Izzy removed herself from the bed, walking towards her door, opening it.
You being too focused on the bag of chips right in front of you, didn't saw the other Lightwood sibling entering the room.
"Y/n." Your head shot up as you eyed Alec, who awkwardly stood a couple feet away.
"I think...I'm going to...." Izzy walked through her bedroom door, closing it behind her as she left.
"Why do I have the feeling that you're avoiding me all day?" Alec speaks up as you avoid eye contact.
"I'm not." You look at the floor that looked suddenly like the most interesting thing in the world.
"Did I say or do something wrong?" He walks over to you as you shift your positon on the bed "You have something." He gestures to you mouth as your hand flew to you mouth, trying to clean it.
"There's still." He walks over to you, placing himself on the bed as his thumb touches the corner of your mouth before you flinched away.
"What's wrong with you?" He looks you in the eyes "You've already been acting strange lately but today you're just-"
"Its just..." You look at him, not knowing what to say "Forget about it." You tried to replace yourself but Alec grabbed your wrists.
"Talk to me." He states.
"It's just.." You look down "I like you." You blurt out as he smiles.
"So." He states in an obvious tone "And I like you, that's why we're friends."
"No not in the way." You sigh "I like you more as just a friend." You softly admit as his smiles fades.
"Oh." He nervously shifts in his position "I didn't know that." Yeah, you wished he still didn't "I never looked at you in that way, before." He states as there was an awkward silence.
"But I'm able to try." You look at him as he was starting to get nervous "I-I mean, I'm not good with this kind of things." He scratches the back of his neck "Just women in general."
"I know." You chuckle as he smiles.
"But we can try." He let go of your wrists "We can train together or something." He trails off "If you want, I mean-"
"Yeah, sure." You say a little to fast and too excited.
"Alright." He sighs "I should probably get back, Jace wants to discuss some things about this Mundane he found."
"Yeah." You furiously nod your head "You should go.
"I...am." He slowly nods at you as he removed himself from the bed, walking to the door.
"I guess, I see you tomorrow?" He awkwardly states as you agree. He opens the door as Izzy falls inside on her stomach as you look at Alec who was rolling his eyes.
"Women." He mutters to himself, shaking his head before walking out.
You and Izzy both looked at him till he was fully gone before you both turned to each other, happily jumping up and down as you guys were both letting out some typical happy girl screams out of the top of your guys lungs.
The door cracks open as you and Izzy both seriously turned to the door as Alec carefully took his stele, probably thinking you guys wanting to attack him or something as he rapidly left again.
From the moment the door closed, you both faced each other again picking up where you guys left.